This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosacea/Lupus - possible factor in the cause

I know a lot of you on this forum suffer from rosacea and ocular rosacea. I don't know if the 2 are related but I assume that they are. I also assume that you can have ocular rosacea without having rosacea of the skin so I am not sure if the following would apply to ocular (I assume it would) but I will post it anyhow. In a book I recently purchased called Autoimmune The Cause and the Cure buy Annesse Brockley and Kristin Urdiales they state the following re: Rosacea

Quote: Research dome in Verona, Italy, showed a decrease in the pancreatic enzyme lipase In the rosacea patients tested, lipase levels ranged from 18.5% to 66% of normal value (Barba, 1982). Buy providing a rich source of enzymes and beneficial bacteria, I believe the diet proposed in the last section of this book will eliminate rosacea, just as it did for my lupus rash. The following information points to a direct link between rosacea and pancreatic enzymes (proteases).
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    'In a study published in the online edition of Nature Medicine, research is pointing the way to potentially better therapy for rosacea. We spoke with its author, dermatologist Richard Gallo of the University of California-San Diego. Dr. Gallo stated, "In rosacea PEPTIDES are made abnormally. One hundred percent of the rosacea patients we looked at made more antimicrobial peptides than normal. And the peptides were processed into an ABNORMAL form that we found only in rosacea patient's skin not in normal skin. This abnormal form triggers the body's inflammatory immune system, which normally activates when you have a cut or an injury. Imagine this same response occurring 'inside' your body when it encounters a 'foreign' protein.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is huge. Here's where peptides come from:dietary proteins are broken down by proteases into amino acids ind into peptides (short chains of amino acids). The connection is obvious. how could your body possibly form normal peptides form improperly broken down proteins and missing amino acids. In addition, this clearly shows what happens when the body encounters a protein that is not quite right, as we have observed in lupus: End of Quote.

I thought this info might be relevant so had to share. If you have rosacea of any kind I highly recommend the book. F/G

What kind of diet was it?

Comment

Basically it was eating fermented foods with every meal to supply the enzymes and probiotics necessary for digestion. Things like sauerkraut, keifler, pickles and sourdough bread to name a few. The key though is that they need to be homemade because for example commercially produced sauerkraut has been pasturized which destroys the enzymes. The milk used to make the keifler has to be unpasturized as well. Really if you want to know more I recommend you buy the book it was quite interesting and get it from the horses mouth...cheers...F/G

Comment

Working...
      X