Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

even after cautery eye bone dry..sjogrens sucks! eyes feel like glue!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• even after cautery eye bone dry..sjogrens sucks! eyes feel like glue!

im just venting.. had cautery done a few ago-went to doc yest. its shut but of course its the eye that is killing me.. sjogrens sucks... i go from one eye to the other and sometimes both are so awful.. putting drops in every few minutes..

anybody else get that glue feeling?
    Jenny

Jenny, how many punctas did you have cauterized? Did you have a trial of dissolvable plugs before the cautery? Did it work? I am always being recommended to have cautery, but want to avoid any form of 'surgery' on my eyes since it was 'surgery' that made them dry in the first place! Surgery is not reversible.

Comment

Jenny
      I am in the sam position as you are at the mo. Lower right cauterised in Feb and over the summer the right has become unbearable. The consultant checked it in July and said it was closed but it was not at its worst at that point so am going to ring them tommorrow and ask if I can pop down soonish just to have another look at it. I do really expect it to be closed though, but I am going to cross that one of the list. IF they plug my upper right I will just get overflow but still be uncombtable as I was back in 2009 when they blocked all four.
      Just dont know where to go with this at the mo. Have a fight with my rhemy whom is being awkward with my diagnosis, said it was Sjogrens but changed on a whim when I pressed her for more help!
      Fight fight fight and more fight.
      Lulu xx

Comment

yes,i can,t stand this either...i need to wash my eyes afrer any kind of eye drops...including my own ASD ...and this glue goes into my nose too ,where it,s even harder to get rid of it and gives me greqt breqthing issues...i also have Sogren and it seems we don,t tolerate anything in our eyes...in a way i understand why,because the lacrimwl glands are destroyed,not the eyes like in Lasik surgery...

Comment

I have sjorgrens, test did not show a positive for it. I have had all 4 drains cauterized and they did help. Eye drops made me worse...I used honey to take down imflamation in my eye lids and started secreting oil again. You need an exact mix of oil and tears and tear drops interfere with the mix and made it feel like glue also.

Comment

Hi Regina: Can you explain exactly how you use the honey

Comment

Working...
            X