This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accutane and Meibomian Gland Dysfunction

I am 21 years old. I took Accutane for approximately 4 months from January to May of this year (40mg for 1st month & 60mg for the rest) and decided to stop due to the onset of dry eye symptoms that came about suddenly. I do wear contact lenses. I was diagnosed with Meibomian Gland Dysfunction from an ophthalmologist, on top of having inadequate tear production. I had no dry eye symptoms before taking Accutane.
    I am currently and have been ,since the beginning of May, experiencing the following symptoms: burning sensation, blurry vision, sensitivity to sunlight, stringy yellow discharge, sore eyes, red eyes (especially worse when I wake up in the morning).
    My ophthalmologist suggested the following regimen: Warm Compress, Omega 3 Fish Oil, Genteal Gel during bedtime (OTC), Restasis. I am using/have used the following eye drops for relief but have had marginal results: Systane Ultra, Refresh Liquigel, Bausch & Lomb Soothe XP and Refresh Contacts. I am currently taking the TheraTears Nutrition Omega-3 Supplement, and using "Rebecca's Rice Baggy" at DryEyeShop.com as a warm compress for 10 minutes each night before bed. I am also trying Acupuncture and have currently completed two sessions.
    I was hoping that if anyone has had similar experiences with Accutane or know someone, please share any success stories or recommendations for treatment.
Working...
X