Yiiiiiiiiiikes...I didn't spell your name right....Neil*

That's better.

Sigh.
    Death to Dry Eye!

Comment

Wellbutrin

Originally posted by crispen_2000
      Hey, Mspirk..

Have you thought of talking to your doctor about Wellbutrin? My psychiatrist said it would be an antidepressant that would least effect my mild-ish dry eye condition. I also consulted with two pharmacists and they agreed. Not ALL antidepressants cause or exacerbate dry eye...

Good luck

Trevor
      Not too long ago, Rebecca mentioned something about Wellbutrin being suggested as one of the better antidepressants for us dry eye sufferers. I'll have to do a search on it and see what comes up. Thanks for your input!

Comment

Originally posted by crispen_2000
        Thanks Niel, for your information about Wellbutrin SR....I hope it's not at all a personal question (just slap me if it is) but have you tried an anti depressant that didn't aggravate your eyes? Again, please forgive me if I'm asking personal medical info...
        On recommendation of a "pain psychologist," I tried Cymbalta for quite some time. It's supposed to provide a two-pronged attack: 1) it IS an anti-depressant; 2) management of diabetic peripheral neuropathic pain (DPNP).

I don't have DPNP, but ... much pain. The doc's figured it was worth a shot.

Does Cymbalta have dry eye as a side effect? Well, of course it does It's listed in the literature as "infrequent--" defined for that drug as between 1 in 100 and 1 in 1000:

http://pi.lilly.com/us/cymbalta-pi.pdf

Did it do anything for me -- for good or for ill?? I dunno. I just dunno.

Comment

Working...
        X