Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anything to take like singulair to help eye allergies w/o drying us out? zyrtec, sing

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anything to take like singulair to help eye allergies w/o drying us out? zyrtec, sing

anybody hvae any suggestions on what to take for severe eye allergies from pollen? i am allergic to BAK so cannot take allergy eye drops except non preserved prednisol...

anyone try singulair or something else that doesnt dry the eyes? does zyrtec dry the eyes? thanks!!
    Jenny

Claritin for sure is drying. Maybe someone else can suggest an alternative...

Comment

Anything that lists constipation and/or dry mouth as a side effect is drying.

Comment

Allergo comod from ursapharm does not contain any preservatives.
        It is a drop,so it is applied topical. Don't know if it is drying or not....

Comment

thanks guys.. i heard zyrtec isnt but i dont see how since its an antihistamine..i guess i could try one day and if im miserable take a sleeping pill and go to bed.. AH.... thanks for the replies...:))
          Jenny

Comment

I think different people respond differently to Zyrtec. Maybe because it helps the allergies and the allergies add to my dryness problem, so it all balances out. And I take Zyrtec twice per day, rather than once, due to a mast cell activation problem.

Mary

Comment

I have tried singular and from what I understand does not dry your eyes out, according to my allergist.

Comment

Give Zyrtec a try. I have found that it is a great way to get rid of the allergy itch and it is not that bad as far as drying out your eyes. I also want to let you know that if you live near a Walgreens store Zrtyec is made in a generic drop called Wal-Zyr by Walgreens pharmacy. Good luck with the allergies..

Comment

BTW- my doctor told me at my last visit that sleep aids are also very drying to the eye.

Comment

i have been on singulair for a week.. my one eye is so dry but not any drier than its been for like 5 months (sjogrens)... anyway no additional mouth dryness either..only side effect i finally figured out is more vivid dreams...
                    not sure how long it takes for it to fully kick in to help wit allergies tho
                    Jenny

Comment

Working...
                    X