Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miconizole Nitrate caused my dry eyes overnight. Does Biosyntryx work?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miconizole Nitrate caused my dry eyes overnight. Does Biosyntryx work?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------First off, has anyone tried this?

http://www.bettykamen.com/articles/biotears.htm

2 months ago I used Neosporin AF jock itch/anti fungal with the active ingredient miconazole nitrate. I massaged it into my head daily for 2 weeks. I did this because I had read it would help my hair grow and I had a great deal of hair loss due to a chemical bleach incident. Anyway, at the time the people on the board said there was no side effects to using this. But 2 weeks into it I could not understand the reason behind my terrible excrutiating headaches. I asked again and then all these people came out of the woodwork saying they too had major headaches. Despite stopping this ointment I had no appetite whatsover for 6 weeks after using it. I always normally have a healthy appetite. Lastly, I developed what i was diagnosed with as dry eyes. Of all the side effect (all of which happened at the same time when I began the ointment) the dry eyes have yet to improve. The link below shows the side effects of Miconizole that is injected, something no longer used in the US. But I also know that it absorbed into my head despite it being used topically. It clearly entered my blood stream and had systemic affects to have experiences these side effects that i never before had. I am scared because I have not been able to wear my contacts and even without them I am in pain. I use lubricant drops, steroid drops and recently began Restasis. But I have been told that once dry eye begins, it does not repair itself. Did I cause permanent damage with this ointment? People who used Accutane I hear have this problem. Did it ever go away when they stopped using it? It has been 6 weeks since I stopped using this junk. Any info would be so appreciated.

The doc hopes the Restasis helps me because he is not a fan of plus saying they come out and they can migrate. But gee if they really help some i may want to try, i am so desperate.

I am so sorry for everyone suffering like this!

Thank you!

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/d...r/a682616.html

i forgot to ask where to buy theratears too? thanks.

if possible would like to find a store that carries this stuff.

Comment

Vicki,

You can get Biotears from the Biosyntrx site. Click on "Products" (top link at the left), then on Biotears, then you should see an "Add to shopping cart" button towards the uppser right.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Usage of Bio Tears

Has anyone actually used this stuff?
        Billye

Comment

Yes, several users here have used it. Try scanning the topic headings in the nutritional supplements archive, or do a forum search on "biotears".
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

Thank you.
            Last edited by Vicki In Oregon; 17-Nov-2016, 10:53.

Comment

Working...
            X