This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upsetting phone call

I wasn't sure if I should post this or not but thought maybe others need to be aware of just how low these lasik eye companies will sink.
    I got phone call last night from the surgeon who did my surgery. It is a year now for me and I have many complications that are now permanent. I thought he was calling to see how I was at this point as he is no longer at the clinic where I had the surgery done, but instead he said he was passing a message on from the clinic as they are not happy with my attitude it seems (what were his words, they find that I can be sarcastic and rude). I almost burst into tears on the phone but managed to hold it together. I then informed him that if I had been treated with the respect and concern I as a patient and client deserved then maybe I'd wouldn't have reacted this way. I told him I was made to feel like a freak as all I ever heard was, "no one has reacted this way", which I know after being on this sight to be a lie.
    I believe this scare tactic was an attempt to get me to cancel my up-coming annual apt to be honest as I've had minimal contact with them for months. They pulled a similar stunt at my 6 month follow up trying to change the apt time (they phoned me at work at 2:30 telling me to be there at 3:30).
    It disgusts me that we are the patients and clients and yet they make us feel like we have done something wrong. Needless to say I had a sleepless night but I thank those who supported me through this rough day.
    fiddle

Fiddle, find a new doc. Every time I had to go back to my LASIK doctor's office I felt completely sick; it physically affected me. I endured the visits for about two years, then gave up.

So find a new doc and go somewhere that cares. It can make all the difference in the world.

Comment

First, I'm sorry. What an awful, awful experience.

Second... I'm with Sammy B.

There are some truly exceptional Lasik surgeons out there who do outstanding follow-up care of complications patients. Their patients rarely end up on a forum like this. With all the others, my personal opinion is that the emotional cost of continuing care with them - even if they're providing free ongoing care - just ain't worth it. We have to care for our whole person not just our eyes, and often that means moving on to a doctor totally unaffiliated with where you got the surgery.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
      X