Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Based on my situation, should I get LASIK?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've last posted but I wanted to let you guys know what caused my dry eye to begin with. I have very bad allergies to pollen, etc. It usually affects my nose. I was using a nasal spray, which somehow caused dry eyes and irritated my eyes. Once I stopped using the spray, my eyes started getting better. I'm back to wearing contacts and everything is just the way it was before.

I know the cause is the nasal spray because I randomly tried using the spray one day, and my eyes were immediately dry again.

Comment

If you have dry eye, NEVER get lasik. I wish someone would have warned me instead of collecting the money for lasik surgery from me. I had lasik. Had good vision for about 10 years. Although my eyes were very uncomfortable. After about 10 years my vision went back to being very near sided. Then at 52 I needed catarac surgery because of so much steroid use for dry eye problems.
      Then I chose chrystallens for my new lens and they are horrible. Spent $6000.00 and I can't read road signs or watch TV.
      Still need glasses. I could have had that vision with the cheap lens.

Comment

my fave contacts

Originally posted by apham View Post
        Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've last posted but I wanted to let you guys know what caused my dry eye to begin with. I have very bad allergies to pollen, etc. It usually affects my nose. I was using a nasal spray, which somehow caused dry eyes and irritated my eyes. Once I stopped using the spray, my eyes started getting better. I'm back to wearing contacts and everything is just the way it was before.

I know the cause is the nasal spray because I randomly tried using the spray one day, and my eyes were immediately dry again.
        Hey Apham,

Your story sounds like mine. I wore contacts for 15+ years until my eyes were terribly dry. Now I wear glasses 90% of the time, but it's tough because my prescription is so high, my glasses are very heavy. BUT... after treating my dry eye with a routine that works for me, and working with my eye doctor, I found a contact lens that I love. I know you mentioned your spray was the cause of the dryness, but in case you need to use it again (my pollen allergies are horrible too), you might want to look into Acuvue TruEye. These are daily disposables. I liked these much better than Oasys, since I can have a fresh pair on the days I need to wear contacts. The best thing to do is wear glasses of course, but I love that I have the option to wear contacts again. I love running/biking/exercising, and my glasses tend to get foggy in those instances. Def check out daily disposables if you can!

Lisa

P.S. I also went for LASIK consultations a while back. I was denied because I don't blink all the way down in my left eye, which leaves so many dry areas on my cornea. It's great to know that some doctors are not afraid to reject patients. I am waiting to see new research on implantable contact lenses in case this is a potential option for those with dry eye and severe myopia.

Comment

Working...
        X