X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Baaaaack!

Hi all,

I have been gone from the forum for quite awhile. I've had other issues that were taking top priority. I notice quite a few people have messaged me over the past year or so and I'll try to answer each one, even if time has made them irrelevant. I'd like to say hi any how to most of you who wrote me, some of whom I "know" and some I don't.

Perhaps I can give some good cheer to some people I come across. Or maybe I can just hang around and be a big fat pain. I do have Sjogrens along with the Lasik troubles and that is new to some of you. I just can't get enough of DRY. lol. Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Hey Lucy! Wecome back!

Comment

Hiiiii Lucy!!!

For those who are newer here... Lucy is a veteran of veterans, pre-dating me one of the crowd who originally met on the original post refractive forum SurgicalEyes.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
        Hi all,

I have been gone from the forum for quite awhile. I've had other issues that were taking top priority. I notice quite a few people have messaged me over the past year or so and I'll try to answer each one, even if time has made them irrelevant. I'd like to say hi any how to most of you who wrote me, some of whom I "know" and some I don't.

Perhaps I can give some good cheer to some people I come across. Or maybe I can just hang around and be a big fat pain. I do have Sjogrens along with the Lasik troubles and that is new to some of you. I just can't get enough of DRY. lol. Lucy
        Hi Lucy,

Nice tog see you, I have read your posts when searching in the old threads for information. Dry eye struck in February and is very bad now that winter is back. Do you think you had Sjögrens already before Lasik?

Comment

Hi Lucy,

I have read a lot of your posts. You are kinda famous in my post lasik research to figure out why the heck this happened to me. Lol. Still can't figure it out besides the fact that I let someone cut my cornea with a laser. I am going on 11 months and winter has finally hit in Texas which means the heat has been turned on. I did not think it could get worse, but it has. This has been the hardest and most painful experience of my life. Anyway, I just wanted to say hello.
          Lasik victim 2012

Comment

Originally posted by jax8it View Post
            Hi Lucy,

I have read a lot of your posts. You are kinda famous in my post lasik research to figure out why the heck this happened to me. Lol. Still can't figure it out besides the fact that I let someone cut my cornea with a laser. I am going on 11 months and winter has finally hit in Texas which means the heat has been turned on. I did not think it could get worse, but it has. This has been the hardest and most painful experience of my life. Anyway, I just wanted to say hello.
            jax8it,

Hi, and I hope you get better with time. Most of us do. You have almost a year in and that's probably the worst time. I live in Michigan so I know what you mean about the heat coming on and so forth. I have put a small humidifier in the bedroom on my side of the bed and I'm not sure if this helps or not. I believe it does as I also have mouth and throat dryness. I have not put up the larger humidifier yet, as the Christmas tree is in it'[s place. I'll have to find another spot for the humidifier. Lucy

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Hi sunshinelover,

Sorry you're having dry eye problems. It is the pitts to be sure. Winter is probably the worst time for all of us. The question about Sjogrens when I had Lasik is a good one. I had Lasik on Jan 21, 2000. The bad vision and dry eyes started almost immediately afterward. A few weeks or a month and I was online researching. I continued to work while using drops every 20 minutes. After I had another eye surgery for a cataract 5 years after Lasik did I become totally unable to work. My vision was way off in the cataract eye. I had to stop working right after that as I couldn't see to do my work as a college secretary.

I was diagnosed with Sjogrens 7 years after my Lasik. I was very sick and this is very hard to diagnose. I was diagnosed and found a good rheumatologist and she thinks I'd had Sjogrens for 7 years or so before my diagnosis. That would put it about the time of my Lasik. There is no way to ever know if I was in the early stages of Sjogrens or not. It really doesn't matter. Lasik started the problem and I'm quite sure if I had not had Lasik my eyes would not be like they are now. I may have dry eyes, but unlikely my vision would be so bad. My eye dr did not test me for dryness before Lasik, so I have nothing to compare there. Again, it doesn't really matter now. Lucy

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Welcome back, Lucy!

--Liz

Comment

Working...
                X