This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a normal Lipiview score?

OK so the clinic where I had my LASIK surgery have said they will pay for my Lipiflow treatment if my Lipiview score comes back below normal. Needless to say I don't have a lot of faith in them and I was just wondering if any one here knew what a "normal" Lipiview score is? I imagine what my clinic says is a normal score and what actually is a normal score are two different things.

Any help greatly appreciated as always. Thanks.

Lipid layer thickness (LLT) < 50nm is considered severe. LLT > 75nm is associated with no symptoms of dry eye (Blackie et al. Cornea 2009 Aug; 28 (7): 789-94 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19574906).

Comment

70 is normal mine were in the 30s

Comment

Thanks for the answers looks like 70-75 is considered normal. That will definitely come in handy when I go in to see them in a couple of weeks.

Comment

First time I've heard of this test. What exactly does it measure? The thickness of the oily tear layer? Is this offered at most ophthalmologists?

I have sebhorriec blepharitis. So that means my meibomian glands aren't producing enough oil. Is lipiview a test I should get to confirm the dianosis, or is it for something else?

Comment

Working...
          X