X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cautiously posting good news here...after almost 11 months post-Lasik

Hi all,

I'm about 11 months post-Lasik, and have had all the usual problems with dry eye- including blurred vision, eye pain and dryness, using lots of medications (Restasis, doxy, all kinds of supplements, etc.) ever since getting Lasik 11 months ago.

After reading Laura's post on the Triumph page, I decided that all this treatment wasn't doing me any good - so (like her story) I tried quitting everything cold turkey, to see if it improved anything.....and it did! It's only been a week now, but my eye pain is about 90% better. Basically, the achy tired feeling I would start to get around 10 am (that I used to get at more like 10 pm before Lasik) now is about 7-8 hours later, and my visual acuity has improved about 70% - enough to be mostly happy without any glasses for most of the day. The blurriness is still there somewhat, but practically gone until about mid-day (when I suspect my eyes get more tired). I'm staying on the supplements, doing normal TheraTears drops, but dropping all medicines - - and I've added in a daily/nightly scrub of baby shampoo on my eyelids. That is my daily regiment (since 6 days ago) and I noticed an immediate improvement the next day and day after.

It has helped me put to rest the notion that maybe my Lasik vision has regressed. I think, honestly, that all the stuff I used (especially the restasis) was highly irritating my eyes and making things worse. It's too early to call this a qualified success, but this is the most normal I've felt in 11 months, since getting the Lasik surgery.

I'll keep you posted on how this goes as time goes on.

~ Chandra

So glad ufeeling better . i hope u continue to improve . how often are u using theratears ? Is it the gel night ones ? Did u also stop serum drops ? Thanks .
    http://www.hymntime.com/tch/htm/a/l/l/t/allthings.htm

Comment

Congrats! hopefully it continues to improve

Comment

Sadly, my optimistic news did not last for long

All,

After having a week of really good days (feeling almost no pain and seeing well too) - it appears that I'm back to square one. This is so frustrating! I wish TO GOD I never got LASIK. I'm at 11 months, and suffering quite a bit today. I really don't understand it. It's like the I just can't seem to catch a break. I cried a lot to my husband this morning - he feels very bad for me. Basically, I've been in some amount of pain since getting LASIK 11 months ago, and don't know if it will EVER get better.

- Is there anything to do about the pain? Drops barely do anything for it.

- One thing I did resolve is that I have no regression - - I was able to see pretty much 20/20 for that one glorious week, so I've not regressed - - I just have lousy and somewhat severe dry eye that completely messes with my tear film.

- Are there any products/drops that I'm missing to try and help my tear film stabilize?

Sadly reporting that I have lost all the benefits that I thought might be a new start for me - chandra

Comment

Im so sorry to hear that things haven't improved . i know how horrid the pain is. i am in a better place now . i start to burn if i don't drop half hourly also i have given lots of things up which has helped. my dr is great and i am more than happy to give u more info about my treatment . pm if u do. i really don't know what u have and haven't tried.

Please remember that u haven't tried everything even different combinations might help . Very good to hear your vision is good !! And please don't cry as i think it makes pain worse. i wish i hadn't in beginning as it resulted in new veins.
          i am 11 months post lasik too
          http://www.hymntime.com/tch/htm/a/l/l/t/allthings.htm

Comment

Working...
          X