Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new redness reducing eye drops with no rebound!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oliver View Post
    I hope they're good too. I'd also seen they'll be called Luminesse, and Dr Latkany confirmed to me he expects to be making use of them. He said there are also some other new redness meds coming through, but he wasn't clear about what or when

Oliver, who is Dr Latkany? Ive reached out to Dr. Gerald Horn, who is behind Luminesse. Still no response. Do you have any idea of when we will see this drop. Im dying to know if we're lucky enough to have it early 2016

Comment

He's a well known American dry eye doctor. He wrote a popular book on the topic. I don't know other than it's supposed to come out next year, sorry :-/ I think I might also have emailed that other doctor, and also not had a response. At least I emailed some doctor who had done a presentation at some medical conference, that I found the notes for online, than mentioned Luminesse as one of the new things coming up, but I'm not sure if it was the same person or not. Dr Latkeny referred to some 'other meds' but that would also not be available until at least 2016, but he didn't clarify. But he said he expects to prescribe Luminesse drops to some of his patients for redness problems.

Comment

Any updates on this eye drop?

Comment

Originally posted by jj1218 View Post
          Any updates on this eye drop?

No update. We are waiting for a 2016 launch. jj. What is wrong with your eyes. Are you able to determine where the redness is coming from?

Comment

has anyone used alphagan-P? If so what did you think of it?

On a side not I'm tired of hearing how far our society has come along with technology when we don't even know how to get rid some red veins in people's eyes...Why don't we have national eye redness awareness day? On second thought I'm okay without it..

Comment

The worst part is being young like me 24 years old and getting red veins around my sclera... To be quite honest I am considering getting them removed as I can't live with this pain. I tried most things, but it seems using more drops makes it worse than before using 0.

Comment

Don't risk it JJ. Wait another year. Avoid any redness drops in the meantime. I'd look into lotemax if you haven't already. It's relatively low risk for increasing eye pressure. See your opthamolgist first.

Comment

I agree with holding off on the eye whitening surgery. Has anyone on here actually heard of whether or not people have had long term success with that surgery? I've only been able to find some youtube videos from back in 2009 where that guy went on that Doctors show, but I haven't heard anything since then. Apparently Dr. Wachler is still offering the surgery from what I can gather from their website, although I believe I heard someone say on here that the FDA would be banning it in the U.S. because it's too dangerous

Comment

Hi there. Does anyone have any news on this? I see Gerald Horn has something to do with it https://twitter.com/visionxcl Gerald Horn

@visionxcl

Lasik surgeon. Great family. Tennis fanatic. Love hiking out west. Pharma: Drop for red eyes on market 2016? Drop for reading vision FDA trials to start 2015.

Anyone have a contact email for him??

Comment

This also seems to refer to it??? (and relate to him)
                      http://www.freshpatents.com/-dt20140...0140038974.php
                      Last edited by Oliver; 14-Nov-2015, 06:57.

Comment

Good Find Oliver

Ive reached out to Gerald Horn a few times He hasnt responded. I found him on linkedin.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ophthalm...rugdevelopment

Comment

OK, thanks. I don't use LInked In. I guess I should..

Comment

Something strange..my right eye now is more red than my left eye....This condition is really frustrating..often dominating my day. Its hard to forget about it and truly accept it...

Comment

My doctor has given me a prescription to use Alphagen for red eyes. He said I can use it once or twice a day. The risk is that over a 2 or 3 year period some people develop an allergy to it and it will make your eyes even more red. It will also cause a slight increase in dryness. I use it for special events, dinners out, etc. It can also make you sleepy.

Comment

Originally posted by normah123 View Post
                                My doctor has given me a prescription to use Alphagen for red eyes. He said I can use it once or twice a day. The risk is that over a 2 or 3 year period some people develop an allergy to it and it will make your eyes even more red. It will also cause a slight increase in dryness. I use it for special events, dinners out, etc. It can also make you sleepy.

Does it work?

Comment

Working...
                                X