This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help for night time

I am having a tough time getting thru the night without waking up, putting drops in 3 or 4 times and then having lots of dried drop residue in my lashes in the AM. This is making for terrible sleep plus my lids are puffy and unhappy in the morning. I usually use Refresh Plus or Refresh Optive (preservative free) but they aren't doing the trick anymore. I switched to Celluvisc but end up really puffy. I have tried a sleep mask but for some weird reason wake up with red eyeballs! I am weird I guess!! Any suggestions?

Use a humidifier by the bed? Or try a nighttime ointment like soothe night? Maybe also do a warm compress before bed? These things may help

Comment

For me, the only thing that worked was either a nighttime gel like Genteal gel, and then, once I became allergic to that or something, I had to switch so now use Refresh Lacrilube Ointment.

I still have to wake up and reapply in the night, but nowhere near as often as I'd have to if using drops.

Comment

My nighttime regiment - Tobradex (steroid/antibiotic ointment prescribed by my dr) and I was using Systane PM ointment (which my doctor liked as well) and Tranquileyes goggles. I use cold compresses, again recommended by my doctor. The Tranquileyes have inserts you can take out and I put them in water in a bag and in the freezer for 15 minutes. Once cold, insert them into the goggles and put on your eye for 15 minutes. After you take them out you have a moist environment for your eye along with the cold compress relief. If warm compresses is what you need, you can soak them in warm water as well. A good 8 hours of sleep is also very important.

In the morning I take a shower and the water cleans out my eyes and also gives them a jump start for the day.

That's my nighttime regiment that has been working and was recommended by my doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by PeachesW View Post

In the morning I take a shower and the water cleans out my eyes and also gives them a jump start for the day.
          Oooo... that reminded me - I can't allow any water to get IN my eyes since it hurts like all hell... so that's out of the question for cleaning out my eyes, but I find since using the ointment, I have to make a point of somehow flushing out the ointment residue every morning, otherwise it makes my eyes feel even more dry when awake (the ointment residue will cause your tear film to destabilize, so better to get it out of there once you're awake and eyes are open)

So, first thing in the morning, I use 1 vial of Bion tears per eye to rinse out the residue, then make a trip to the sink where I close my eyes firmly, put some soap (or shampoo if I'm in the shower) on my lashes and clean off the ointment residue from my eyelashes - be sure to rinse off the soap or shampoo really well so it doesn't get into your eyes!

Comment

A nurse reconmeded this
            put eyedrop at night then ointment.

My routine
            Clean lashes with gentle baby eyewipes.
            theratear gel then wait till eyes settled eg whitish.
            Then quickly Ointment (preferably lanolin preservative free) middle and inner corner of eye.
            Blurry vision means good to sleep .
            Facemask terry towel cotton.
            Humidifier running.
            Sleep ....
            Onwaking celluvisc to refresh my eyes and clear ointment then snooze .
            Clean lashes with gentle baby eyewipes and go over with cotton bud dipped in warm water. I clean lash line with eyes open as i have incomplete eye closure so wiping eyes is a nono .
            Ready for day
            http://www.hymntime.com/tch/htm/a/l/l/t/allthings.htm

Comment

Working...
            X