X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What thoughts around HRT and dry eyes

Hi everyone,

With my dry eye experience I have found that my hot flashes have escalated to the point that I need to go back on bio-identical HRT (estradiol and progesterone).

I was wondering if there is any research out there that clearly states one way or the other if such hormone supplementation aggravates 'dry eye'? Or if anyone has there own experience with hormones that they would like to share?

Thanks!

Research on HRT and dry eys

Originally posted by bella_girl View Post

I was wondering if there is any research out there that clearly states one way or the other if such hormone supplementation aggravates 'dry eye'?

Thanks!
    I have complicated health issues and sometimes check PubMed for the latest research info. I went there regarding your question but there are too many articles to give the info in a post. This is the URL (below) Hope it posts ok but if not as a link you could copy and paste.:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?t...nt%20dry%20eye

Have you checked any other meds you're on for side effects? I have Fibromyalgia and tried Savella for that but it made my hot flashes 10 times worse so I had to go off it. I'm thinking maybe this Dry Eye Zone site also has the latest research info on dry eye somewhere. Don't know if HRT is included.

Mary

Comment

Thanks for the web site link. I'll keep it for future reference. I am not on any other meds, but I am taking a bunch of vitamins and some herbal supplements, and fish/flax oils.

I'll check on PowerSurge again, although no one seems to be talking about HRT and dry eyes. Nonetheless, it is a good menopause support web site, similar to this one for dry eyes. There are forums and blogs with good info.

Comment

Working...
      X