Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eyelid spasms... linked to dry eye somehow???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyelid spasms... linked to dry eye somehow???

Since stopping Restasis in May 2008, I have had very bothersome eyelid spasms. I have them all the time: it can be any eye, upper or lower eyelid. Sometimes both at once! Sometimes, it's not quite the eyelid, but just underneath the eyebrow.

Somehow, I though it was caused by my photophobia (squinting). But now I realize this can't really be possible, since I avoid any sunlight.

Could something else related to dry eye cause this? Maybe MGD?

Thx!
    Danielle

It is my understanding, and I may be wrong, that eyelid spasms (blepharospasm) is caused by an irritation of some sort. Dry eye would be one source of irritation. If you Google blepharospasm you will find some info.
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Yes, eyelid spasms and twitches are related to dry-eye. That was my original reason for going to see Dr. Latkany. Do the warm compresses and gland compressions. It should help after a few weeks.

Comment

How do you do the warm compress and gland compression treatment?

Comment

An excellent source of info on this is the www.blepharospasm.org website. They have a very active organization with an annual meeting for patients and doctors.

Comment

today I have an eyelid spams - or eyelid twitching. This is irritating!!! and they say its bcoz of an irritation! what a paradox!
            well I don't know.. perhaps its bcoz of my punctal plug!...
            I have it mostly in my right lower eyelid!...
            I do regularly - it has bcome a prayer- hot water steamer (by a steamer) and cotton bud cleaning... Mmm but strange, this twitchingcome and go often... sometimes its more frequent..
            I fink its bcoz of lack of sleep and MOSTLY stress!!!!

oh btw, previously i tried Magnesium when I get this problem.. and it helps sometimes!.. but I have stopped magnesium (tired of so many supplements)!
            If I have to choose between being happy and sad, I''ll choose being happy....... and you?... so.... stop choosing being unhappy (yeah its hard but....)....stop depressing........ live!!!

Comment

Mika,

An excellent way of getting magnesium is from drinking the coconut water from inside a fresh coconut. Or you can buy it www.zice.com. I have been told to drink this by my nutritionist as it is a great way to stay hydrated and get your magnesium.

bernadette

Comment

Working...
              X