X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training yourself to blink correctly

Hello all,

I was told that I have a partial blink, and that I tend to flutter my eyelids rather than have a full close, leaving the lower portion of my eye exposed.

This rings true, since many times when I look in the mirror, the upper part of my eye is perly white, while the lower half is pinkish.

I read here (http://www.andrewgasson.co.uk/info_blinking.htm) that you can train yourself to have complete blinks, so that you do this automatically.

Does this sound possible or a waste of time?

Anyone have this problem?

Blinking

Yes you can, I had to do this myself many years ago. I actually have no eyelid muscles. I don't know an easy way, it took me forever to do it without thinking about it constantly. The docs I have spoken to over the years have all said not a lot of people could do this. I could not stand the dry eye pain so I was very adament about doing it.

Comment

What is the technique you used to resolve the incomplete or lack of blinking ?

Comment

I know this is an Old Post that I too was told that I did not blink completely don't know why now I've been on lots of different drugs that affect the neurological system. So how do you train your eyes to Blink fully every time unless you forcefully to squeeze your eyes together obviously

Comment

It does involve forcefully squeezing your eyes together, with the help of a timer or your iPhone. And hopefully after awhile, it will get to be a habit. There are different blinking exercises, but I use one similar to this:

http://www.skyvisioncenters.com/blog...exercises-app/

Also Rebecca has these blink reminders in the Dry Eye Zone to put on the computer:

http://www.dryeyezone.com/reminders/

Comment

Yes I was also told this about month-and-a-half ago buy an eye doctor that I seen. Didn't bother to ask him why or how I correct it at the office as I guess I just don't think of everything when I'm there and usually doctors are always in such a damn hurry to treat you and get you out which of course he was. If I'm not blinking all the way to I have a suspicion I'm pop possibly not sleeping with my eyes all the way shut either and this contributing more to my dry eye problem. Also when people are doing things that involve a lot of concentration such as math problems or their brain is involved in vary intricate analyzation thinking you will blink less also. And of course as we all know staring at this darn smart phone that I'm dictating into right now and a computer reduces your blink rate by 300%. I guess in a sad way it's nice to know I'm not the only one with this problem but unfortunately I need to fix it I did ask the one doctor I said what do I do during the day then should I just purposely think to myself every few minutes make sure I closed and squint my eyes together and hold them together for a second or two. He said you can do that but it's not going to train you to Blink properly.

Comment

Thanks for the link I will practice it. I just tried it and didn't notice that when I do squeeze my I together I can feel it vibrating a little bit with my finger on it. And yes I have been on lots of drugs over the past few years and had taken pain killers on and off for many years opioids. But also been on other drugs that affect the nervous system like antidepressants an anti-psychotic for a brief time . It was after I was on an anti-psychotic and a therapeutic dose for about six weeks and then just taking Seroquel and a low dose to get to sleep for about 2 months that I started to develop eye pain and then dry eyes . muscle relaxers Gabapentin Baclofen Ambien benzodiazepines. So now this makes a little sense to me as to why I'm not closing my eyes completely when I blink it is a neurological issue. Glad I joined this forum. Seem like a nice bunch of people here unfortunately meeting online under these circumstances is not good though as I am suffering quite a lot right now.

Comment

Hi Ozzy. If you think you are not sleeping with your eyes completely shut and this is contributing to your dry eyes, have you tried wearing night masks/goggles while sleeping? I use EyeSeals 4.0, but there are a few options beside masks like bubble bandages that also work well for some people. This forum's Dry Eye Shop has these products:

https://dryeyeshop.com/collections/nights

Also, have you tried wearing moisture goggles/chambers during the day? Some popular brands are a Zienna and 7Eye. Many people going these helpful:

https://dryeyeshop.com/collections/d...ses-sunglasses

If you use the above plus your preferred thicker preservative-free artificial tears, perhaps that will give you a little more relief.
                Last edited by Hokucat; 31-Mar-2018, 00:06.

Comment

Working...
                X