Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep getting tiny clear yellow cysts on my lid margins ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep getting tiny clear yellow cysts on my lid margins ?

Been getting these more recently since being more agressive with cleaning and hot steaming. I'm tempted to scratch it off as hot water on a swab won't budge them

Are the yellow cysts blocked glands or orifices and maybe this is a good sign as the oils are trying to get out? Should I scratch them off or let them go on there own?

Thanks
    "Only the body can heal itself, and all healing must come from within your body."

What does your doctor say about them?

Comment

hordeola?

are they hordeola? many people have reported these after a good MG clean out for example with hot compresses or lipiflow, etc.

Comment

Do they look like mine?

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...4/IMG_8296.jpg
        http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...4/IMG_7653.jpg

I have these cysts often and I don't think they are a good sign. My eyes are very dry and irritated when having these cysts.

Comment

Hi,

Yes there identical to mine

I getting them usually after a shower and lid massage and they usually go on there own or I try to scrape them off isn't this a good sign meaning oils are trying to flow out of the glands ? But yes my eyes tend to be bad when I get these cysts
          "Only the body can heal itself, and all healing must come from within your body."

Comment

I am sure it is a bad sign. I think the cysts happen because of a very slow oil outflow or bad quality oil. Then the bacteria cause the cysts.
            Hyperhead, did you have lasik? Contact lens? What are your symptoms?
            I read you old posts and found that I also have too much oil on my face and hair. Lots of flake on my eyebrows and eyelashes.

Comment

I know this is a old post

Just wanted to mention most of the time these are caused by the staphylococcus aureus bacteria

Comment

Xpro, what other eyelid or systemic infections cause MGD?
                Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

I have the same. How often do you guys get these. I get them every 3-4 days.

Comment

I get the same - clear yellow bumps on my upper lids just below the eye lashes. Don't ever scrape them - bad idea. I use copious amounts of luke warm water on closed lids with cotton balls, and lightly lightly scrub - then I use water dampened Q-tip to try to do a bit of gentle gentle cleaning. I have tried cool cotton balls to finish off the routine - but I don't always have time for that. As always - I will try drops when I get frustrated (like Systane in the viles) - but 90% of the time the drops make it worse - stupid me - someday I will learn.
                    Eileen

Comment

for people in US there's a new product from Novabay - i-lid cleanser, should work fine against bacteria, but no one knows for sure yet, coz noone has tried & reported about it yet. It has been available for several months already, but seems nobody has any problem with bacteria here or some other reasons not to try it.

Comment

just some extract:

As Dr. Epstein and NovaBay representatives at the company’s booth will explain, i-Lid Cleanser is the only eye care product to contain Neutrox—pure form of hypochlorous acid (HOCl) produced by NovaBay’s proprietary and patented manufacturing process. Neutrox-containing products have been cleared by the Food & Drug Administration to clean skin and wounds. Labs tests show that Neutrox, identical to a naturally occurring substance produced by white blood cells as a first line of defense against microbial invaders, has potent antimicrobial activity, yet is non-toxic to mammalian cells. Moreover, Neutrox also neutralizes bacterial toxins and breaks up biofilms.

Those properties make i-Lid Cleanser ideal for the management of common eye conditions, such as blepharitis, where Staphylococci bacteria grow on eyelids, causing swelling, redness, inflammation, irritation and a crusty build-up. Patients who’ve had blepharitis for years—along with their doctors—report that i-Lid has finally brought relief from the often-painful and potentially sight-threatening condition. As Dr. Epstein will describe, i-Lid Cleanser also has been effective in dry eye syndrome, because it removes both the bacteria and the bacterial toxins that cause the meibomian glands to be obstructed by thick waxy secretions, leading to the syndrome.

In addition, doctors are using i-Lid Cleanser for pre and post surgery lid and lash hygiene. And because Neutrox is not a traditional antibiotic or steroid, there are no risks of bacterial resistance or side effects.

Maybe another crap, but who knows, without trying it noone knows. Unfortunately it's not available in Europe (yet?)

Comment

I get those yellow bumps too, at first i got one or two every week. Went to the doctor and he told me that they appeared from bad nutrition so i started eating healthier. I think it helped a little because i get them less often like two or three per month.

Comment

Working...
                          X