This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makeup and MGD?

I am wondering if any of you wear makeup with MGD? I stopped wearing makeup since I had Lasik but I would really like to know if it actually causes more eye trouble.

Ugh no more makeup for me! For years I wore think black eyeliner and mascara. I sometimes wonder if that contributed to my dry eye. Now I can only wear under eye concealer for my dark circles. I use bobby brown " bisque" and it doesn't really bother me. I make sure not to get too close to the lower eyelid though. Anytime I try an organic or "clean" eye product my eyes flare up.

Comment

I don't dare to wear eye makeup. I just don't want to take a chance.

Comment

Can anyone recommend where I can buy hypoallergenic eye makeup or a website. Thanks

Comment

Try Butterflies Eye Care (based in South of England - easy to 'google' their website). Nice reliable company to deal with.

Also, Clinique can be OK. Their hypoallergenic range should be available in major branches of Boots and department stores.

Comment

http://www.butterflies-healthcare.co...ds_EyeCare.htm Butterflies Healthcare gave us makeup samples. It's a mail order business rather than a shop or an optician. Helpful and kind. UK agent for Spectrum Thea.

We have some Clinique mascara. The rosacea range flared LM up, so they reimbursed it all.

For washing and moisturising, the Simple range from supermarkets has been gentle.
            Last edited by littlemermaid; 18-Jan-2013, 14:35.
            Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

I gave up my eye makeup for a while but I now wear it on a daily basis and don't feel it has any negative impact on my very dry eyes. I also wear scleral lenses. I have been successful with Clinique Lid Smoothie Antioxidant 8-Hour Eye Colour. It is a cream based eyeshadow that stays put and does not flake into my eyes. Estee Lauder double wear mascara or clinique washable mascara also works well for me. If you go onto the BFS website, they list bunch of contact lens friendly makeup. To remove makeup, I use jojoba oil and then Ocusoft wipes. Hope this helps!

Comment

Thank you so much everyone - I have been using Boots No 7 which is supposed to be hypoallergenic but does not work for me. I feel so awful without any makeup so I have been wearing a bit when I go out and take it off immediately I come home but I am still struggling with just wearing it for a short while. I will go on some of these website - thank you again everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Karjade View Post
                  Thank you so much everyone - I have been using Boots No 7 which is supposed to be hypoallergenic but does not work for me. I feel so awful without any makeup so I have been wearing a bit when I go out and take it off immediately I come home but I am still struggling with just wearing it for a short while. I will go on some of these website - thank you again everyone.

Hi Karjade, me too feel awful without eye make up since I have few and thin lashes left, and now since this dry eye hell started a year ago it is like I hae aged at least ten years - the upper lids are droping down and thelower lids have become puffy and wrinkly. I have always looked very young, had no wrinkles and nothing like droopy lids - I wonder if this is due to the hot compresses I am doing? Anyway, I have given up on improvement from not using make up. A few times I have now used the works, with mascare and everthing, without noticing anything getting worse. Problem is that I mostly use Viscotears gel, and then the makeup gets in the eyes, which then comromise the tear film. So, I need to stick to drops while wearing makeup which is hard.
                  I ordered the cosmetics from Butterfly but that didn't work for me, the mascara was to thin for making any difference, but it didn't stay put, nor did the other products, but I use their eye makeup remover. I now use Bare Minerals Prime Time primer/eye shadow- It is expensive but stays put all day long since it is both primer and eye shadow.

Comment

For those that get have "MAC" brand, I am using their sensitive skin foundation formula called mineralize satinfinish spf 15. One of the few for me that bother my eyes the least. If you can, just get a sample of it and put around eyes and see if it would work for you!

Comment

makeup is possible

Originally posted by regina View Post
                      For those that get have "MAC" brand, I am using their sensitive skin foundation formula called mineralize satinfinish spf 15. One of the few for me that bother my eyes the least. If you can, just get a sample of it and put around eyes and see if it would work for you!
                      Hi,
                      I've had dry eye for 1 year. severe MGD, no tears, no oil. bad. If I do Restasis before I do makeup & I've been good all day with drops & heat mask, I can do almay liquid liner & almay eye color sticks (for green eyes). (night time makeup) I pat it in. no powders at all & i use eye cream underneath lower lid, so I can easily / gently wipe away any liner smearing that happens eventually after many drops. liner & eye shadow stick on upper lids. never lower lids. shadow stick is better if away from lid margins, but liner (lid's edge) does ok for a few hours. (but not inside the eye) take lots of kleenex with you and a mirror to stay on top of under eye smearing. it's only for special occasions. ** no eye makeup for the every day. ***got my blonde lashes dyed today!! awesome & not irritating. by a professional. it will last 2 weeks, costs about $20. great for this pale face. I've learned that bronzer, lipstick, well done eyebrows and lids (creamy shadow or stick) can do a lot despite no liner or mascara. this whole thing was devastating to this incredibly pale person who NEEDS makeup to not look sick. also use lorac liquid highlighter various places (brow, cheeks, dark circles) to look more luminous. if anyone can find a better waterproof mascara let me know!! thanks all, s

Comment

Sunshine lover,
                        I too have noticed a dramatic change in my looks....for the worse. I have seriously droopy eyelids and big bags under my eyes.
                        It has caused depression since I've always looked youthful. I'm trying to not be vain but it is a hard pill to swallow not being able to wear makeup anymore. I would love to have my eyelids done by a plastic surgeon but one of the side effects to blepharoplasty can be dry eyes. If my eyes get any drier, they'll be prunes. So I am just focusing on taking care of my eyes medically right now. I don't think the warm compresses cause the sagging or bags. I had them before the warm compresses. Does anyone have any recommendations for concealing the under eye bags? Katewest mentioned "bisque" Bobby Brown.
                        Well girls, I'm going to focus on the inner beauty!!

Comment

Hi,
                          Have you tried tube mascara, dry-eyed-suzy? L'Oreal Paris Double Extend Beauty Tube Technology Lash Extension Effect Mascara, Blackest Black is fantastic as it doesn't budge even when I use my drops all day. It is easy to remove and is under $10.!! I have yet to find an eyeliner that stays put though..... Any suggestions out there??

Comment

Originally posted by Amyfloor View Post
                            Hi,
                            Have you tried tube mascara, dry-eyed-suzy? L'Oreal Paris Double Extend Beauty Tube Technology Lash Extension Effect Mascara, Blackest Black is fantastic as it doesn't budge even when I use my drops all day. It is easy to remove and is under $10.!! I have yet to find an eyeliner that stays put though..... Any suggestions out there??
                            I used to wear loreal but all mascara seems to irritate me. not worth the hassle of removing it. the eyelash dyeing thing works for me (& then sometimes i do the curler). my lashes are not falling out too much but they are curling in the wrong direction. so annoying.
                            this is mainly for evening, so I do my pm restasis first - before I do eye makeup. put lots of under eye cream on before doing liner. (helps when it runs later, to wipe off any smudge) Lorac has the duo highlighter - concealer that works on bags. Almay cream stick for green eyes is gentle but doesn't stay put long. good for sensitive dry skin though. use it like eye shadow.

severe MGD - no tears or oil getting out. ducts are swollen shut.

really liking scandal eyes waterproof eye shadow stick (b. brown as liner & bulletproof beige for brow highlighter.) the lorac is very gentle but I've noticed anything with much sparkle added has tiny bits that can irritate the eyes. even my olay eye cream has sparkles added now. trying out scandal eyes waterproof kohl kajal liner now. it all eventually comes off since I'm so dry I need drops about every 10 minutes at the end of the day.
                            Lancome eye makeup remover can get it off with a q tip so you don't get it all in your eyes. wash your eyes with sterilid foam afterwards to remove all traces.

* my lashes are thicker now than 1 year ago. i treated them as if i had demodex, daily washes many times a day, tea tree oil in bathtub etc.lipiflow too. it helped somehow. read up on this.

I've also noticed major lid drooping since about 1 year ago when all this hell started. definitely was NOT that way before. at my high school reunion not so long ago (but before MGD) I had the least wrinkles & had very youthful eyes. (!!!) this stupid MGD thing has aged me & I look swollen now.

** has anyone tried COLD compresses for swelling? bad idea??

**please share eye cream favorites! constantly looking for the best. stuck on olay regenerist now, but it's not moisturizing enough for winter.

curious: does drinking wine make my eyes feel better because I'm not noticing the pain or does it actually help me physically? ha ha. looking for info....
                            Last edited by Dry-eyed-suzy; 23-Nov-2015, 20:22.

Comment

Working...
                            X