This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGD probing treatment?

Has anyone here had the meibomian gland probing done? And if so, were any positive results seen? My eyelids are constantly red and burning, and get even worse when I'm out in the elements or doing anything physically strenuous, or eating spicy food, etc. Im curious if clearing the clogged glands with this probing will actually help make the eyelids less red, as well as the eyes, since whenever my eyelids are the veins in my eyes are more prominent. Also, has anyone tried lipiflow and if so what were the results?

Does anyone know where you can get this probing done and for how much?

Originally posted by BigApple24 View Post
    Does anyone know where you can get this probing done and for how much?
    From what I've browsed, probing may be a better option than Lipiflow for more severe MGD.
    (just as long as you're aware that if you feel soreness afterward, cool-wet is soothing, even if it runs counter to the standard advice re: warm-compresses. If you don't listen to your body's screams for "coolness" then there can be consequences, as both myself and others on board have found.
    Or - coolWetness can be alternated with warmWetness sequentially

As for probers:
    The best bet would be to phone Rhein Medical to ask them for the doctors in your area who use the ****** probe.

Now I have a followup question:

Can someone please explain why Lidocaine is advised for Probing very tender lids?

Wouldn't Amniotic Fluid be a better option to accompany probing due to its superior anti-inflammatory properties?

I mean - podiatrists use lidocaine for calluses.
    I'm not impressed by it - been there done that.

Better yet - might be to accompany the probe with MSCs -plus- platlet-rich plasma

So why not?
    CHEERIO! HELIO! Dry Eye Minni

sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X