This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tear Film

Has anyone else had visual symptoms such as severe ghosting, glare, streaking, halos, blurring from poor quality tear film due to meibomian gland dysfunction? Am thinking about doing the lipiview scan to assess the structures of my tear film layers. Any ideas on how to improve/ eliminate these symptoms as they severely affect my quality of life and functionality?

Thanks

Yes i have those issues. Gives me bad anxiety. Thinking of trying Doxyciline.

Comment

Also make sure you get polarized sunglasses. If you wear glasses for indoors. You can get the lens tinted,also antiglare,transition has a new lens that even gives a slight tint indoors.

Comment

Sclera lenses helps with this, also.

Comment

Good to know DM

Comment

Yes i have heard that they can help. I don't wear contact lenses and not sure how i would go with my dry eye issue. I need to find out what is causing the quality of the meibum to be so poor. Do you think that oral medication (Ie. tricyclic antidepressants) could cause this in the form of a hormone imbalance?

Comment

I have read hormones after menopause can caus it. I dont know of antidepresants causing hormone imbalances,but any one can get a hormone imbalance. Have you looked into occular rosacea you can have it without the skin symptoms. An eye doc mentioned it to me the other day. Its all so confuseing. Do you get anxiety from it? I do. I wear dark glasses alot as it helps with glare.

Comment

Working...
              X