Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Ocular Rosacea Have Remission Periods?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Ocular Rosacea Have Remission Periods?

Hi folks,
    I have been diagnosed with Ocular Rosacea about 4 years ago, after a couple of months of having dry eyes that never went away. I had the faintest hints of a blush on my face, so the ophthalmologist diagnosed me with Ocular Rosacea and Blepharitis. Since then, I have been using artificial tears and a nighttime gel and for the most part, my eyes were feeling okay- not back to normal, but very manageable.

About a month ago, I started getting the feeling of really heavy eye lids and sticky eyes, plus a foreign object sensation and burning in the eyes. That came about the same time when I started seeing more of a flush in my face. Ever since, I have been miserable trying to keep the dryness under control. I went to an optometrist who said my oil glands were blocked, and the tear evaporation time was very fast (about 1 second I think), meaning my eyes dry 10-15 times faster than a person with healthy eyes. I have been taking oral antibiotics, doing the warm compresses and lid massages, and applying all sorts of artificial tears and gels, but so far none of it seems to have helped.

My question for sufferers of ocular rosacea. Do you ever get periods of remission when your eyes are totally fine, and periods of flare ups? Also how do you manage the dryness and lid inflammation? What kind of treatments do you use, and what have you found to be the most effective treatment?

I have been really miserable with my eyes lately, and I greatly appreciate any help and feedback.
Working...
X