X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allergy drops!

Hi!

I've been having the most horrible dry eyes ever a couple of years ago. After a therapy my eyes got way better.
    What I want to know is. If your allergic to something, like pollen in summer or dust allergy (then of course the whole year) and myy eyes are getting dry and reddish over night then does it bring anything to put gel at night?
    I've heard that using gel overnight can make it worse?? better to get drops?
    Do anti-allergic drops make dryeye worse? what I do know is that anti-allergic medication can make dryeye worse. What is better, to just live with the allergy without taking anything?
    Thanks!! Hoping for some replies.

Shahara

I use Zaditen allergydrops (without preservatives), and they seem to have a slight anti-inflammatory effect on my eyes (so...no..they don't make my eyes worse...rather make them sligtly less irritated).

Toril

Comment

Originally posted by Toril View Post
      I use Zaditen allergydrops (without preservatives), and they seem to have a slight anti-inflammatory effect on my eyes (so...no..they don't make my eyes worse...rather make them sligtly less irritated).

Toril
      Where are you getting the preservative-free kind?

Comment

Originally posted by Shahara View Post
        Hi!

Do anti-allergic drops make dryeye worse? what I do know is that anti-allergic medication can make dryeye worse. What is better, to just live with the allergy without taking anything?

Shahara
        I think if the allergies are making your eyes dry, then treating the allergies with anti-allergy drops should have the overall effect of improving the dry eyes. I think Dr. Latkany had posted something to this effect in his section of the forums...

Comment

Calcan:

...Zaditen is available without preservatives in Norway. Also Spersallerg (but they can not be used over a long period as they has a vascocontricting effect).

Here's a picture of the Zaditen drops: http://www.zaditen.com.au/app/webroo...mg/product.png

Toril

Comment

Hi

thanks for your replies. I read an article yesterday about dryeye and allergies. One is patient is saying that she took preservative free allergy drops for about 2 years, and her eyes were quiet good during that time, but after a while they weren't working and her eyes were extremely dry. so I'm a bit worried this would be the case.
            I will try the "Own-blood-therapy" with Luffa Opertucula again beginning of november for the allergies. It's suppose to be done 2x a week 8 weeks long. Many ppl. have lost their allergies after doing it.

Shahara

Comment

Working...
            X