Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was it the weak cleanser or the food??

I cleaned my lids to rid them of little crust and dead cell clumps with LIDHYGENIX last night. Went well. Then ate dinner, and a huge helping of desert. I don't eat sweets much but it was FLAN (egg custard). It was soooooooooo good and I ate a ton of it. This morning I wake up with dead cells/debris on my upper lids once again Was the cleaner too weak or was it the desert??

I do not know (cause i do not have a eyelid problem), but my guess would be the food my eyes are always a lot worse when i have been eating suger. Did you drink a lot of water when you had dinner?

Comment

The crust will take time to go away. It is important to keep up the therapy. MGD, dry eye, etc. are like any chronic disease you will need some level of therapy always to keep the disease in check.

Comment

hey I was wondering if you could do a test, I have noticed that if I wake up in the morning and eat nothing, but drink water when I'm thirsty till noon. The inflammation goes away in the eyelids. I think it's intestinal inflammation related or inflammation created by eating things..... It doesn't matter what I eat, if I don't eat anything for a couple of hours, and only drink water, the inflammation goes way down....I wanted to know if you noticed any difference at all... Also, about the sugar, I also notice that it makes the eyes worse than probably anything else...

rhad

Comment

interesting test...i really should try it! Drinking alcohol is the only thing I know that can affect our eyes. I can't attest to it since i don't drink but I'm wondering if that particular desert (containing eggs, milk, and sugar among other things) triggered things!

Comment

Did you also by chance eat a banana or avocado that day?
            For a long time, I was very skeptical that food had any connection to my lids.

Often only one lid would be horrible, and why would only one lid react to something internal?

Made no sense to me.

Till a P.A told me if someone had a latex allergy, ( I do) They would also be allergic to bananas and avocados .
            I had eaten a banana for breakfast.
            Huge difference when I stopped eating those foods.
            I still have some minor troubles, but no allergic conjunctivitis since I quit bananas last month.
            For me it was a big deal, since I usually had a case about once a week.
            I also ate bananas weekly.

Try keeping a food diary, You may see a connection, and then you can test suspicious foods by elimination.
            I wish I had considered food sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by skygoddess View Post
              For me it was a big deal, since I usually had a case about once a week.
              I also ate bananas weekly....

Try keeping a food diary, You may see a connection, and then you can test suspicious foods by elimination.
              I wish I had considered food sooner.
              Wow! great post. Thanks.
              Rebecca Petris
              The Dry Eye Foundation
              dryeyefoundation.org
              800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
              X