This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet dander allergies.

Wow, I really couldn't think my eyes could bother me anymore. My parents bought another dog in october. Im allergic to most dogs but, I was lucky with the 2 we had. Because 1 is poodle and she doesn't shed, and one is chihuahua and his fur is short with less dander. Anyway, now they have another puppy who cant have a bath. I pet this new dog 3 nights ago with my contacts in, then I touch my eye to take out lens. WOOOOOWWW, you wanna see an allergic reaction? My eyes are killing me the past few days! They are red, stinging, GRITTY. All around my eyes are red from itching. The main vein in my right eye balls is itching me. Now, Im not touching that dog anymore! My parents might be moving next month which would be good, just get me AWAY from the freaking dog. My eyes feel like they are getting weaker. I HAVE TO LOOK DIRECTLY AT THE SCREEN INCHES AWAY TO READ THE WORDS AND LETTERS. This is making my eyes weak, and my head is killing me. The computer screen is making my eyes weak and damaged from light! With contacts in, I can read letters on paper or computer from 1-2 feet away. When driving with contacts I cant read road signs or license plates thought.((((-9/-10.5)))) Sitting on computer is all I do!!! I cant go out because of thick glasses. Try going out with huge glasses and make eye contact with someone. JUST TRY MAKING EYE CONTACT WITH THICK GLASSES. Im looking threw 1/2" plastic. I didn't realize wear my contacts to see would leave with me dried out eyes! My eyes don't feel like they are floating in water. They are dry, puffy, irritated, rubbing inside of my skull with no lubricant at all. Some times, I wanna go to my eye DR's office settle a score. This guy said I had scarring on my eyes YEARS before infection. But, I didn't PRESS THE ISSUE. Because if you don't ask, you dont want to hear it. I NEEDED CONTACTS TO SEE.
    I didn't know wearing contact lens damages eyes! And when i go to their office, they laugh in my face like Im making a joke. And this [deleted by moderator] DR was giving contacts lens prescription to a very, very young girl like 10 years old. HE would write a script to anyone, he doesn't care about the damage contacts do when they are worn. I DIDNT GO TO MEDICAL SCHOOL, how did i know about the lack of oxygen my eyes were getting? Now I have red, CRUSTY, ITCHING, RED EYES and 1 and 1/2 years later they are still just as red!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

needhealing631,

This is a community. It's a place where people come for support and information. While we all need to vent now and then, it's not a place to post complaints like graffiti every time you feel like it, then walk away.

People care about each other here. The people who read your posts want to help. Many have reached out to you with information, support and excellent suggestions. In return, so far as I can tell, you just ignore us.

Please, give this some thought. Is there something you want from the bulletin board? If so, let us know what it is.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

I'm posting a complaint rant? I just said that Im having an allergic reaction to pet dander and my eyes are worse then ever. I guess that's not a good enough reason to sound mad. I know most post are all nicey nice asking questions from calm people. BUT, in my case I find it hard to have dried out eyes and have the attitude of everything is ok. Is it possible my eye Dr made a mistake of writing me a script and not informing me of the dangers of wearing contacts? Im just ranting making useless post, right?
      The only useful information I have gotten so far from here was to not use clear eyes drops. Otherwise, everyone has just told me to wear my glasses or get new ones. I guess it's a lot easier to read the happy , happy post of random people then read my post? Just ignore it, I dont see what harm my thread did! Or Am i just a waste of your bandwidth? Im in a bad mood and I dont need ANYONE telling me to stop posting because it's not what you want to see. GIVE ME A F-ING BREAK. Just delete my account if it makes you happy.

Comment

I have removed your posting privileges. If you want to re-join at some point, you will be expected to read the forum rules and adhere to them just as all other users do. I wish you well in finding whatever help you need for your eyes.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Here's one useful idea.. wash your hands before you touch your eyes! That's just some basic information for you.

Comment

I wanted to ignore this, but I just can't help it...moderators, feel free to delete this if I step over the line.

I'm sorry you're so angry NeedHealing. You're not alone. I'm angry too, and I also get frustrated, depressed, and feel hopeless and helpless a lot. So do a lot of people on this board at one point or another. You are not alone in those negative feelings. Look again. None of us here are "OK" with our eyes in debilitating pain.

With that said, there is no need to disrespect the members on this board, especially Rebecca, who so graciously started this site that has helped and continue to help thousands of people suffering just like you, and quite a few of them are even younger than you.

After you've calmed down, look back at your threads, and you should see a wealth of information people have posted for you. There is more than simply "wear glasses " and "don't use clear eye drops".

Also, it is definitely possible that your doc forgot to inform you of the possible dangers of contact lens wear. So NOW that you know, WHY are you still wearing them and risking further damage!?!?!? Could it be possible that even if your doc did warn you, you would have ignored his/her advice anyway?

We all want to help, you're just making it difficult for us to help. Remember, it goes both ways.

Comment

I've reinstated needhealing631. Happy new year.
              Rebecca Petris
              The Dry Eye Foundation
              dryeyefoundation.org
              800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
              X