This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RobLIC View Post
    Allergy people: anyone have feelings on one vs the other of these? Both seem to have BAK. Pataday is 1x daily, Bepreve is 2x. Otherwise, pros and cons?Also wondering about long-term use ... Thanks! Rob
    Sorry for being so late to this post. I have been on pataday for a couple years, taking it just about every day.

To answer your question, you can take it long term, but it is expensive.

My last eye doctor told me to stop using it as it was making my dry eye or eye symptoms in general worse. The goal was to stop using preservatives. I am trying a natural allergy drop at the moment.

Comment

I've used both, but not long term. My eye doctor prescribed Pataday as needed, but I never felt like it did much long term, just relieved temporary irritation. Of course I wasn't taking it every day so it's hard to say if the results would have been different. I've been using Bepreve for about 3 weeks now and I haven't had any itchy watery eyes like I was, but I went to the eye doctor yesterday and he prescribed Restasis for dry eye. Do you think the Bepreve could be causing dry eye?

My allergist has me on Bepreve, 10mg of Claratin, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, and Veramyst. I thought I'd follow the allergists instructions for the first 30 days until my follow up, but I'm ready to drop the Claratin. I'm pretty sure it's causing some weight gain of some kind. I tried it once last summer with the same results. I'm not even sure if any of the others are really doing much.

Btw, the price on the Bepreve and Pataday were exactly the same for me. Most pharmacies will run it through your insurance first to check for you before filling the prescription if you ask.

Comment

Working...
      X