Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me with my dry eyes its driving me crazy! I need HELP????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me with my dry eyes its driving me crazy! I need HELP????

I live in Canada in a very humid place. It isnt very cold where I live either. I have had dry eyes for about 2 years now and it seems to be progressing. It has been really bad lately but has also been really dry where I am. I have been to 3 opthamologist and they just keep telling me I have dry eyes and I need to put in drops. I had one tear duct plugged in one eye to see if it would make a difference and it hasnt mad a difference at all. I am a male in my mid 20's I eat healthy and exercise at least 5 times a week and stay very hydrated. It just came out of the blue 2 years ago and hasnt gone away. I also had really bad allergies (not that bad just annoying) and started immunotherapy (allergy shots) about 2 years ago, 3 months prior to me getting dry eyes. I dont wear glasses I have good eye sight and have a very healthy family history without eye problems. Does anyone think it could be from heavy metals??? Could it be Asthma related?? I have mild Asthma, I use my inhaler maybe 7 or 8 times a year? Please help any ideas would be great. I also dont take any allergy meds or anything that would further dry out my eyes.
    Last edited by bjornbjorn; 21-Jul-2010, 14:03.

Anti-allergy medication can be a trigger for dry eyes to someone with borderline tear production. Once you step over the threshold of no return, meaning the eye cannot compensate for the dryness inflicted by the anti-allergy medications, a cascade of processes sets in that leads to chronic dryness and inflammation. You need to target your allergies with immunosuppressive therapy instead.

regards,
    Dani

Comment

Dany,

Can anti-inflammatory medication also increase dry eye? I know some anti-allergic medicine does but is it really possible to avoid using it?
      Last edited by Ariel; 01-Aug-2010, 12:12.

Comment

Dear Ariel
        so sorry for my late reply.Will also PM you as soon as I can.I am in Bangkok in a very famous hospital worldwide called Burmungrad.They trying to help me with my eyes and other issues.Yes, antiinflammatories like steroids dry the eyes but in inflammation caused by dryness not allergy sometimes they are necessary and actually lead to improved tearing. due to controlling the inflammation process.

Comment

dry eye in Canada

It seems like a lot of people with dry eye have allergy/asthma/inflammation issues. I've had bad allergies all my life. If I take allergy tests my arm reacts like you would not believe to just about everything !
          I learned that it doesn't help to ask "why" anymore, just ask "how can I treat this". You've got it, now move forward. My suggestion is to see an Ophthamologist and get some Restasis to try perhaps cycling some steroid drops initially. If that doesn't work there are several other things to try. Read the blogs on here and I suggest you buy Dr Latkany's book "the dry eye remedy" to educate yourself. Feel blessed that you are in the information age, because 30 years ago you would have been totally screwed and left in the dark with respect to info on this.

Comment

Working...
          X