X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patanol helping or not?

I would like some advice on this issue.

I always assumed i have allergies, but since doing allergy tests and turning up negative, i went to my family doctor. Sure enough i have a sinus infection. However i know that because the tests turn up negative does not mean i dont have ocular allergies.

So i have been on antibiotics, plus nasonex since thursday. Eyes were feeling pretty good, so I stopped using patanol for a day. All was good last evening, eyes were nice and clear. Woke up this morning and my eye was burning and stinging and inflamed.

Now im trying to figure out if i have ocular allergies or not. If anyone can offer some input.

1. It only occurs in one eye, wouldnt allergies effect both eyes?

2. Is it posisble patanol is just helping right now because it has an antihistamine which unclogs my sinuses? And perhaps is not really treating an allergy at all?

3.My current thinking since i was diagnosed with a sinus infection my tear gland openings by my nose are always inflamed and where the irritation is. This also makes me think its a sinus infection and not allergies. My doctor said those openings in your eyes by the nose drain tears and the infection could spread to your eye. Does this indicate more of a sinus infection hurting my eyes, or can it be allergies as well?
Working...
X