Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you have allergic and bacterial conjunctivitus?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you have allergic and bacterial conjunctivitus?

I am really confused. I have recently been battling bouts of either allergic or bacterial conjunctivitus in my eye. Not sure if I can have both. Im taking fucilthalmic an antibiotic eye drop for bacterial conjunctivitus, seems to help during the day. But upon waking my eyes are burning and sinuses are stuffed up.

Today I tried a hypoallergenic pillow and i woke up with less burning eyes and much less sinus congestion.

So it gets stranger i was just allergy tested for dust mites among other things using a pin prick test, and she thought at the begining i was showing a sign of an allergy to dust but alas nothing she said.

Can anyone offer an ideas on this? I thought maybe my pillow cover was dirty or something so i have been washing it regularly and even put it over my new hypallergenic pillow and noticed no difference with the pillow cover. It was only when i laid on my cotton pillow my eyes started burning badly and waking up congested. My down pillow also bothered me but alot less. WHile the hypoallergenic pillow worked the best. No burning eyes or sinus issues. Same results with a pillow cover on them or off them.

What could I be allergic to or anything im not thinking of? This has been a huge problem in my life so I would love some suggestions.

Why does the fucilthalmic help, its for bacterial infections and works well during the day, while at night my eyes start burning when I laid down on my pillow and I wake up with burning eyes with discharge? Yet im not allergic to dust mite?

Im so confused.

Just before 3 days i have been diagnosed with bacterial conjuctivitis.symptoms include redness, burning, pain, sinus blockage, excessive photo sensitivity.

i have been advised for eye drops CHLOROCOL for this and also i have imflammation of eye surface for which advised FLAREX(cartiosteroids) drops.

I will take 2nd opinion before i start the above mentioned medication.
    Please note im already a patient of severe dry eye and photophobia.
    Really need to be a ROCK to take the pain!

Comment

eyeproblems, perhaps you are allergic to shampoo or other hair product? That would get on the pillow and then to your eyes.

Also consider face creams and other skincare products.
      Anything that can get onto your pillow and thence to your eyes should be considered.

I found that a moisturizer with sunscreen in it was making my eyes react. Not during the day but after applying at night before sleep. In the morning my eyes would be irritated.

Edit: lol, just realized you are a man and not likely to be using moisturizers.
      anyway, keep in mind it could be anything you use that could get on
      pillowcase.
      Last edited by magoo; 22-Sep-2010, 08:13.

Comment

Working...
      X