• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

surgery

What surgery are you having?

Comment

Surgery

I am having the surgery that Dr. Boxer preforms by another doctor in New Jersey. I am excited , but nervous at the same time; not for any other reason except the fact that this is the end of the road for a solution!

Comment

Originally posted by Nanerpus View Post
        Do you know if you have a pinquecula at all? That might be worth looking into. It's a harmless raised area, but can cause problems if you have dry eye - in my case. It gets red and irritated all the time, especially after I have been sleeping or exercising - lack of tears.
        Not that I know of. No doctor has said anything.

When I read on the forum it seems that many people are helped my "steroid drops", even in the long term. For me they only help for about 1-2 weeks then it goes back to normal when I still use it. Does anyone have a clue why?

And it's often worse later in the night. Maybe because my eyes are tired? Does that sounds like allergy to you guys?

Is it usual that anti-allergy doesn't help while you are still being exposed to the cause?

Comment

Originally posted by qwertyu View Post
          Not that I know of. No doctor has said anything.

When I read on the forum it seems that many people are helped my "steroid drops", even in the long term. For me they only help for about 1-2 weeks then it goes back to normal when I still use it. Does anyone have a clue why?

And it's often worse later in the night. Maybe because my eyes are tired? Does that sounds like allergy to you guys?

Is it usual that anti-allergy doesn't help while you are still being exposed to the cause?
          Allegra and topical pataday drops don't seem to help me much, and I definitely am suffering from allergies.

I guess it depends on the strength of the steroids probably?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
            It MIGHT be a mini-erosion. Redness and pain would be consistent with that, as well as the rapid healing. In an erosion, there's an injury to the cornea either spontaneously (like in severe dryness) or when cells are ripped off the surface of the cornea like when the top lid 'sticks' down to the cornea slightly at night. Bad erosions will cause a great deal of pain, redness, blurred vision etc. but very mild ones have mild symptoms. - You won't get an erosion diagnosed unless you see the doctor while it's still happening.
            Originally posted by qwertyu View Post
            Thanks for that! Never heard of it before but sounds plausible. After reading on Wikipedia ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recurrent_corneal_erosion ) it seems that I can prevent it without contact a doctor? So I will give it a try.

But what does "not sleeping-in late" mean?
            Since I started with long-lasting drops before bed this has never occurred again! Saying thanks over the Internet can't describe how thankful I'm. Unbelievable that my doctors can't say "It MIGHT be a mini-erosion..." when I tell them I sometime wake up with one part of my eye red. It's not that I will take if for granted but it might be worth looking into...

But this is just a minor part of my problems and I'm still looking for other problems that cause the inflammation.

This morning I did the regular eyelid massage after a long warm shower, after squeezing out some tear film I wanted to see what would happen if I did not clean my eyelids with a q-tip afterward. My eyes felt "watery" which I guess is normal due to the extra tear film I squeezed out. But I could also feel and see many 'floaters' and some seems to stick together, after a moment I got this 'white stuff' in the corner of my eye (outside where upper and bottom eyelid meets). It's just a few millimeter caused by my own tear film, probably million of floaters and stuff.
            Is this normal? I know the tear film should be clear and it seems to be that when I squeeze it out.

Do like Rebecca, throw out anything your thinking of.

Comment

Are your eyes red ALL the time, or do you have periods of time when they are not? For instance, when I wake up in the morning my eyes are red but within 10 minutes or so, they clear. They are mostly clear all morning, and feel comfortable (maybe a bit itchy, etc.) and not very dry. The veins are sparse and barely there.

But then in the afternoon my eyes feel like they start to dry out, the veins get more noticeable, bigger, redder. Sometimes I get more veins when my eyes itch/burn more, and I know allergies are bothering me. If I got outside without goggles and it's cold or windy, my eyes both sting tremendously and I know they are drying out and they get VERY bloodshot. Usually by nighttime I am using more drops because without them my eyes get realllllly red and dry. Then I go to bed, they look pretty red and I wake up in the morning to clearer eyes that are more hydrated.

Do you have any cycles you can determine in your daily routine with your eyes? Might help find out what the cause of the redness is....

Comment

exactly same symptoms

Originally posted by Nanerpus View Post
                Are your eyes red ALL the time, or do you have periods of time when they are not? For instance, when I wake up in the morning my eyes are red but within 10 minutes or so, they clear. They are mostly clear all morning, and feel comfortable (maybe a bit itchy, etc.) and not very dry. The veins are sparse and barely there.

But then in the afternoon my eyes feel like they start to dry out, the veins get more noticeable, bigger, redder. Sometimes I get more veins when my eyes itch/burn more, and I know allergies are bothering me. If I got outside without goggles and it's cold or windy, my eyes both sting tremendously and I know they are drying out and they get VERY bloodshot. Usually by nighttime I am using more drops because without them my eyes get realllllly red and dry. Then I go to bed, they look pretty red and I wake up in the morning to clearer eyes that are more hydrated.

Do you have any cycles you can determine in your daily routine with your eyes? Might help find out what the cause of the redness is....

i have exactly the same syptoms as Nanerpus.. as per the doc its allergies. i've been using anti allergy meds and drops for more than 2 months now.. i'm 20 and never had any eye prob prior to this.. jst want this to end soon... :/
                Pritesh.

Comment

Working...
                X