Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should I reconsider the allergy angle?

so after trying naphcom & Patanol for my current DES I have gave up on allregy meds assuming that this wasnt what was causing my current condition. However several years ago I had some DE that was cured by using Naphcom. I am somewhat allergic to dust & usually avoid dusty areas. If my current DE is caused by allergy wouldnt the Naphcom/Patanol have helped? should I just try another allergy med? Im considering Elestat but Id have to pay for it myself b/c my plan didnt cover it(which is why I didnt try it originally.) Or are all allergy meds the same & if one didnt work then none of them will?
    miserable in Miami...

What are your symptoms? We knew it was allergies in my case because I got tested for them and tons of perennial and seasonal allergies came back positive. I also started getting horrible "attacks" of stingy, itchy, red eyes/lids/corners.

However, for months and months leading up to that I had slight redness, slight itching, and had NO CLUE it could possibly have been allergies until it all blew up in full force. I just always thought it was dryness alone.

I don't think pataday or antihistamines are going to give you a solid answer - I've been on Pataday for months and an antihistamine for 3 weeks, which allergy problems still, including "attacks" where my eyes get very red, stingy, and itchy for a day or so and then gradually clear up. Maybe after long time I will see a difference.

Comment

sorry for the late reply, i didnt know I had gotten one(thanks)!

the weird thing with me is that i dont get red eyes or that excessive tearing that many others get. They do get itchy, gritty feeling, sting & painful when Im in front of AC air vents, fans, or in wind. in my earlier temporary incidences of dry eye all this happenned but after a week or 2 of allergy drops they healed. This time I got no releief from patady or naphcom(the one I used the last time.)
      my other allergy symptoms are sore throat, really bad mucus buildup in the nose & throat, sometimes itching skin & sneezing (along with the itchy painful eyes.)

I do know I really need to see an allergist(I keep putting it off) but Im worried that theyll give me a medication that might end up drying my eyes even more.
      miserable in Miami...

Comment

Working...
      X