This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zaditor

I am wondering if anyone is using zaditor for ocular allergies on a regular basis and is having success with it.

I currently using pataday and it works well, but my last refill was $110 and the pharmacist said I could try zaditor. Zaditor has BAK and that makes me more cautious about trying it.

Thanks!

Todd

Hi Todd,

I did use Zaditor for several years a few years ago (when it was still a prescription medication) and I found it to be effective in managing my symptoms.

However, because it was so effective I gradually started using it more often and eventually began to use it daily and that’s when things went downhill. It seemed like the medication that helped me so much in the beginning, eventually started making my eyes worse.

The combination of long-term, daily exposure to BAK and the fact that I hadn’t yet removed the environmental triggers that were actually causing my symptoms, contributed to a mess that kept getting worse.

Zaditor is now over-the-counter but still contains BAK. In fact, there are no allergy medication drops available in the US without preservatives. (Pataday contains BAK as well). Zaditor is available in the UK without preservatives, marketed as Zaditen PF.

Scout

Comment

I have been using pataday just about every day for 2 plus years now. It never gave me more issues, but if I don't have it, then my eye allergies get bad.

For me, it was more about cost and seeing what else was out there.

Made me wonder if I could use pataday during the day and later in the evening use Zaditor when it wears off and get worse. I guess it's something I will need to ask my eye doctor if it's safe to use in that way.

Comment

Working...
      X