This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Itching after using Azasite

I was on Azasite daily for 2 weeks, then twice a week. I noticed some improvement after 2 weeks, but then things got worse. My doc now has me back on it for 2 weeks until my next appt. I recently had a new upper plug put in and opted for the 3 month collagen plug cause the other one gave me too many problems. Now when I put the Azasite in I have terrible itching, much worse in the eye with the new plug. It didn't bother me that way (at least not nearly as bad) when I used it previously. I also recently started Dwelle. My eyes feel fine after using that, although when I used Azasite a half hour after Dwelle the itching was the worst ever. That eyelid also seems to be somewhat swollen. Any thoughts?

My doc says itching is a sign of allergy or sensitivity to something in the product you are using. I suspect the itching was worse after the plug was inserted because the product drained out slower, allowing longer contact with your eye tissue. Such a thought. Stop the Azazite and see if the itching goes away. If not, it may be something else you are using. Also, plug irritation can cause itching.
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

I would call your eye doctor before stopping. Maybe the new routine combo is not working or conflicting. I think I kept azasite in the fridge to help how it felt when put in. Have you tried that?

Comment

Working...
      X