X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worsening Condition

Worsening Condition

last month i woke up with my right eye being red. i thought it was normal redness and ignored it. that very day in the evening my eyes started burning when i moved out of my house. i went to the ophthalmologist and as per him it was dust allergies. i started using the eye drops prescribed but they weren't helpful. gradually as weeks passed i also started developing dry eye symptoms. things became more worse when my right eye as it was more affected started showing blurred vision, whereas the left eye shows clear vision and both my eyes would turn red after sitting in front of the computer. for that the doc asked me to use glasses +0.50 for both the eyes while using the computer and said that there is nothing serious.

now even after wearing the glasses my eyes become red when on the computer or if i do work that demands concentration, the red lines which had come due to allergies are still there, the burning in the evening [ which is due to allergies] still continues, eyes are red most of the time, blurred vision in the right eye, there is discomfort all throughout the day and slight pain sometimes in the eyes.

i am 20 and I've had no eye problems prior to this. it all started with allergies more than a month back and its just getting worse day by day. I'm too frustrated and my overall life is getting affected. will be thankful if replied.

Regards,
    PP
    Pritesh.

Pritzzy: So sorry to hear this is getting worse. Do you want to tell us exactly what your regime is? Is it still worse in the mornings, going outside, on the computer?

What are the eyedrops and current advice? Do you have something bland to maintain a tear film? If anti-allergy drops have no effect (same with my daughter) maybe there's more going on. I imagine many of us are wondering if you have meibomian gland dysfunction or what would be the cause of worse inflammation in the right eye. Can you find an eye surface or inflammation ophthalmologist, maybe in a hospital eye clinic? I think we all find eye doctors very varied in their knowledge and skill in trying to help us with these conditions and it is a joy to find someone up to date.
    Last edited by littlemermaid; 07-Mar-2011, 05:22.
    Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Originally posted by littlemermaid View Post
      Pritzzy: So sorry to hear this is getting worse. Do you want to tell us exactly what your regime is? Is it still worse in the mornings, going outside, on the computer?

What are the eyedrops? If anti-allergy drops have no effect (same with my daughter) maybe there's more going on. I imagine many of us are wondering if you have meibomian gland dysfunction or what would be the cause of worse inflammation in the right eye. Can you find an eye surface or inflammation ophthalmologist, maybe in a hospital eye clinic? I think we all find eye doctors very varied in their knowledge and skill in trying to help us with these conditions and it is a joy to find someone up to date.
      thanks for replying! (:
      about the regime, i use these 3 drops 4 times a day!
      fluorometholone acetate opthalmic solution, hypromellose opthalmic solution and carboxymethyl cellulose sodium eye drops.
      about the condition, its uncertain. someday it burns someday it doesnt. even if it does burn its only in the evening. same is with the mornings and computer, it is highly uncertain. but the lines formed by allergies are still prominent and havnt reduced.. blurred vision in the right eye hasnt got better either..
      today i'll go to the doc again in a few hours. i'll explain him again everything. lets see if anything works out or i'll shift to another doc!
      i'll post a reply soon!
      Pritesh.

Comment

Good luck, sweetheart. FML four times a day is A LOT not to have improvement on inflammation and surface problems. Ask him to check your meibomian gland function (to see if he knows what that is...) and ask about the tear film. Red veins across my daughter's corneas were neovascularisation due to the breakdown of the eye surface rather than allergy but many docs didn't/don't know this (doesn't mean you have it!). There are other reasons for eye inflammation he needs to rule out. Keep us posted!
        Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

yep! thanks! i'll repost asap! (:
          Pritesh.

Comment

i had gone to the doctor. i explained him everything.
            for the blurred vision he suggested some convergence insufficiency exercises.
            as far as the inflammation goes, he persisted with the above mentioned 3 drops 3 times a day! when asked why it was taking so long for the eyes to get cleared, he answered its because of the season and it'll take time to cure. he has asked me to consult him again after 10 days. but i guess i'll just for a week. he is a well known doc and also an eye surgeon, i couldn't question his authority :|
            Pritesh.

Comment

Working...
            X