Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone knowledgeable about allergy testing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone knowledgeable about allergy testing?

I went to Dr. Latkany and he suggested that I get tested by an allergist. I don't have insurance so I have had to go to the cheapest allergist around. I got what I paid for. So far she's tested me for pollens and molds and will test me for animal dander and dust next week. She rushed me in and out and didn't really tell me exactly which types of pollens/molds she tested me for but yesterday she told me that so far I am negative to everything. I asked her if she does food allergy testing since I suspect celiac disease, and she rolled her eyes and told me I'm not allergic to gluten. HOW THE HECK DOES SHE KNOW?!?!?!

Anyway, I woke up this morning and one of the spots where she prick tested me is a bump, not huge but it looks like a mosquito bite. I don't know if the spot was from a pollen or mold test and I can't find out until Monday but it's only one spot and the rest of them are all flat and tiny, this one is the only one that is raised. It's not itchy or anything. I read someones post about a delayed reaction to mold and was wondering if this might have happened to me. I suspect mold in my apartment, I bought an at home mold test and will know the results in 48 hours.

I also broke out really bad on my face overnight, and while I DO have skin problems, I have suspected they are worsened by an allergy or intolerance to something. The breakout kinda looks more rashy than pimply also.

What does a positive result look like? Can a delayed reaction be smaller than a positive (15 minute result) reaction? I've googled images and the positive results look much bigger than mine and I've read the reaction site is usually itchy, I don't have any of those symptoms. Every single doctor has told me my eyes are related to allergies so I don't want to dismiss this possibility. Thanks for any help!

Update* The spot now feels a bit itchy.

Comment

Just to commment on her gluten thing - my nutritionist says EVERYBODY is allergic to gluten in this country and lacks the ability to now digest it. It's overproduced, in everything, and has caused major sensitivity. Just food for thought. He's really helped me with everything, including my eyes.

Comment

I agree. Even if I am not allergic ALLERGIC I think I am definitely sensitive to it. I have gastritis and acid reflux erosion, and get REALLY bloated whenever I eat anything with gluten in it. The allergist I am seeing tomorrow only does scratch tests for wheat but I will see what happens anyway.

I really think I need to see a nutritionist as I have a lot of other issues going on like weight loss, hair loss, bad skin, etc. What kind of regimens have they put you on that have been helpful? Are you gluten free?

Comment

Working...
        X