This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower inner eyelid very red

I've noticed for awhile that my lower inner eyelids are fairly red. My eyes don't itch and my eye doc doesn't think my dry eye is from allergies (am allergic to dust mites, mold, etc). I mentioned the redness last time I saw her. She looked at them, but then we got onto another topic and I realize she never addressed my concern about the redness. I have severe aqueous deficiency (have all 4 ducts plugged), but wonder if maybe there is also an allergy component going on that is making things worse.

I use Refresh PM at night as well as during the day. Could the ingredients in this be causing the redness? I know it's not suppose to be good to use ointments, but it's the only thing that gives me relief for an extended period of time. Drops that used to work (non preserved) don't seem to help anymore and seem to be irritating to my eyes. GenTeal gel burns so can't use that instead of ointment. I put a little ointment in the corner of my eyes several times a day most days, including at night. It doesn't give me blurriness, just melts into my eye and coats it which seems to make my tears last longer. I frequently even get a little moisture on my eyes, which of course feels really good!

Originally posted by smthcorona View Post
    I've noticed for awhile that my lower inner eyelids are fairly red. My eyes don't itch and my eye doc doesn't think my dry eye is from allergies (am allergic to dust mites, mold, etc). I mentioned the redness last time I saw her. She looked at them, but then we got onto another topic and I realize she never addressed my concern about the redness. I have severe aqueous deficiency (have all 4 ducts plugged), but wonder if maybe there is also an allergy component going on that is making things worse.

I use Refresh PM at night as well as during the day. Could the ingredients in this be causing the redness? I know it's not suppose to be good to use ointments, but it's the only thing that gives me relief for an extended period of time. Drops that used to work (non preserved) don't seem to help anymore and seem to be irritating to my eyes. GenTeal gel burns so can't use that instead of ointment. I put a little ointment in the corner of my eyes several times a day most days, including at night. It doesn't give me blurriness, just melts into my eye and coats it which seems to make my tears last longer. I frequently even get a little moisture on my eyes, which of course feels really good!
    I have this as well. Both inner eyelid look quite red to me. My consultant seems to think it is a alergic response, even though i do not get an itching.

I think allergy testing is a useful ajunct to any dry eye treatment to rule allergies in / out. I plan on asking about this at my next appointment. If you are slightly allergic, a trial of patanol or something similar for a couple of weeks - month wouldn't hurt I imagine.

Comment

I have tried Patanol a few times over the years, but it doesn't seem to help much and seems to make things a little worse. I had to see another eye doc recently when mine was not available. He suggested I try Lotemax instead, said Patanol can be drying and that Lotemax actually works better on allergy symptoms. I will have to look into allergy testing again and see what that might show.

Comment

I have severe inner eyelid inflammation and it causes severe MGD. My glands do not pruduce any oil when they are at thier reddest. It literaly stops all functioing inthe glands.

I have looked into allergies high and low, but the only thing is im slightly allergic that comes back is perfume. After avoiding perfume pruducts- theres no difference.

I got the true test done to identify this.

Honestly, i dont think its allergies- i think its ocular rosacea which only effects the eyelids. Not eye surface.

I have tried every allergy eye drop to no avail.

I also have tried ever ocular rosacea treatment to no avial as well.

When im sick this redness goes away and my eyes feel great! almost normal.

But nothing else works on it.
        I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Can we post pics? i would like to compare my inner eyelids with others.
          I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Working...
          X