Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Safest and most effective eye drop for allergies?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safest and most effective eye drop for allergies?

I have been thinking about getting preservative free patanol compounded for me but have read that patanol has made the dryness worse in some. I desperately need some type of allergy med (preferably a drop) because the pollen in the air outside is causing my eyes to produce mucous now and it is clouding underneath my scleral lens. I have no issues with allergies during the winter months whatsoever. Is there any allergy eye drop that doesn't exacerbate dry eye symptoms? Any input would be appreciated.
    FOR WE WALK BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT (2 Corinthians 5:7).

My optometrist recommended Lastacaft. Do you know if seasonal allergies dry your eyes out more than normal?

Comment

Zyrtec has worked for me and has not caused any adverse reactions. I was also told by my doctor that Zyrtec can be used long term without withdrawl symptoms. I hope this helps.

Comment

I use Patanol and Zyrtec. No problems with the regular Patanol.
        Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Zyrtec doesnt dry you out?? even sudaphed dries me out but i have sjogrens.. i cant take anything for allergies.
          Jenny

Comment

Working...
          X