This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allergies May be the problem

Hi I just wanted to let some of you know what may be causing some of your problems. I've been seeing an allergist and he has been doing skin patch testing. I am allergic to a lot of things even natural oils! Just because cosmetics or beauty products say hypoallergenic it doesn't mean that they are or all natual. My Dr. said well arsenic and poison ivy is natural??

I found out so far that I am allergic to lanolin and fragrance mix II. If you google TRUE testing the website will show you what the ingredients are that are in these products that you are allergic too. The site even shows dr.'s in your state that do this kind of testing. I'm not even done testing I have one more round at the end of next week. The doctor was telling me that sometimes when you are exposed to something that you are allergic to it can take 2 to 3 days for a reaction. He also said, after the exposure it can take days for the reaction to subside, even weeks! Which can make it very difficult to decipher what you are allergic too. A lot of these chemicals go under other names. The list for fragrance mix allergies is extensive- tea tree oil, sandlewood oil, geranium. Now

I'm thinking this is my problem. I'm not even done with the testing yet so I'm afraid to find out what else I'm allergic too. I'm hoping this is it because the list is driving me crazy. I've had to get rid of so many products that I love. I'd rather have pain free eyes than use beautiful expensive products.

I'm glad you shared your story. It will ll end up helping someone, I'm sure. It sure helped me to get the TRUE tests! My eyes are so much better this year than last.

It'll be hard work for you to get rid of all the sources of your allergies in your home. Took me several months before I really found them all, since not all products have to be labeled with "ingredients". But it's worth the effort.

Mary in VA

Comment

Hello Lisalis what were your signs?

Comment

Working...
      X