This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye Problem

A week ago my eyes seemed blurry on one day so i decided to put a couple of drops of my wifes multipurpose contact solution (generic Target brand) in to see if that would help. I don't have any vision probalems and see 20/20. Then next day below my eye was all red where the solution had ran onto my cheek. Also since I have put this in my eye i have had a foreign body sensation in my eye and a itchy feeling and and slightly blurred vision and heavy eyelids. My eye isn't red and wasn't ever red. The redness under my eye cleared up after 3 days. It has been 8 days since I have put this in my eye but still feel the same thing with not much improvement. I have tried to put perservative free drops in as well with no success. I have went to an eye doctor and didn't get any answers. Is it possible that I was allergic to the drops and they really dried out my eye and are causing all of these problems? Should it have gotten better after 8 days or can it tak longer than that to heal itself? What else could I do.

Whatever you do, do not put contact lens solution in your eyes. I did that years ago when my eye problems started, and it is possible that that's what gave me the dry eyes.

You see, back then, I had an infection in my eye, but didn't know it, so I used contact lens solution for about a month. Then I saw an ophthalmologist, who was able to treat and get rid of the infection, but the dry eyes never went away.

Of course, to this day, I'm not sure if it was the contact lens solution that did this to me, but nevertheless, this may have been what causes my 5 years (and still counting) of suffering, so I warn you, do not put contact lens solution in your eyes.

Comment

It was a similar cleaning solution to Renu Fresh multipurpose solution. Could this have caused an irritation and dried out my eyes and will it get better or should it have already? I guess I just am looking to know if it will get better over time.

Comment

I wish I knew the answer to that. All I can tell you is that the drop that helps me the most is called muro-128. It's definitely not a cure, but it gets me through the days.

Comment

There's a possibility you have caught a cross infection from your wife's eye drops. Eye drop users occasionally touch their eyes with the container-tip end, the slightest touch transfers germs into the bottle and in turn to the next user. Eye drops should never be shared. Another problem is opening a eye drop container and keeping it too long. Eye drop manufacturers are careful to give good handling and storage advice on their packaging. You already had what you describe as a blurry feeling so my guess is this blurry feeling [an unknown ailment] is the real cause of your red eye and not the drops.

Comment

Working...
          X