Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any moisturiser for allergic red sore eyelids?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any moisturiser for allergic red sore eyelids?

I have MGD, blepharitis (I am beginning to think it's definitely the allergic type) and dry eye. The (always red) skin around my eyes is starting to look like a crocodile handbag and I used to have a good skin. Now I can't wear make-up, feel hideous, and even the skin around my eyes is being ruined by this miserable condition. Every different moisturiser I put around my eyes (even aqueous cream) burns, stings and eventually seems to get onto my eyeballs themselves, causing oily blurring so I have to go and wash my eyes again (drying the skin out further).
    Cortisone cream which I'm supposed to apply also burns after a few minutes and starts melting onto my eyeballs, so I'm going to have to discuss that with the opthalmologist. If one's skin even reacts allergically to the cortisone, what then?
    I am so sorry there are so many people with this depressing, never-ending condition but glad to have found fellow sufferers so that perhaps we can help each other.

Hi Appletree. I had to go to a dermatologist. Perhaps you already have one? Turns out I had rosacea on my eyelids. The cortisone cream worked for me, but a good dermatologist should be able to help you work this out. Are you using wet compresses? I started using Rebecca's rice baggy, and it works much better in terms of not drying out the eye area. When I was using wet compresses, I had the same problem you are having around your eyes. Just a thought. I use vaseline around my eyes. I tried using Systane Ointment on the eyelids and around the eyes, but my skin didn't like it. Good luck. I understand.

Comment

I have the same thing, and it's so frustrating. I only have it around one eye tho, I figure that it is a type of eczema, as I have it on my hands. But like you the skin on the inside near the tear duct is so red, and it looks like a peeling mess so dry and cracked, it makes wearing makeup hard because of the flaking wrinkly skin, yuck I just assumed it was from the drops, I'm not sure why its only on one side, I actually put some tobradex ointment on it and it works but that so expensive to use for that, I just didn't know what else I could put there that wouldn't harm my eyes. Let us know what you find out, I use a regular eye cream but it does burn sometimes.

Comment

Working...
      X