This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Symtoms worse in rainy days???

This sounds really weird, especially since the humidity is a huge positive factor for my eyes BUT I have now started to notice a pattern - my dry eye symtoms tend to be really worse on a rainy day than on a sunny and warm day - not all of the time but often enough that I have now noticed it, because one could anticipate it should be the other way around.

Also, something that I saw someone else writing, it seems as if my better eye is feeling worse (mainly lidpain) than the bad eye is better, i .e not as much eye surface pain - also really strange....

Anyone who has noticed this? Trying to understand what is triggering the symptoms.

Originally posted by sunshinelover View Post
    This sounds really weird, especially since the humidity is a huge positive factor for my eyes BUT I have now started to notice a pattern - my dry eye symtoms tend to be really worse on a rainy day than on a sunny and warm day - not all of the time but often enough that I have now noticed it, because one could anticipate it should be the other way around.
    I am worse on rainy days too. Where I live, rain is always accompanied by a dip in temperature (i.e., cooler weather). Cool/cold air does not hold moisture (water vapor) as well as warm air. And water vapour (not rain) is the humidity that helps our eyes. Thus, I always improve in the summer when the temperature rises and more water vapour is held in the air (with no/little rain).

Comment

Could it be that in rainy days you don't have the heat and sun that acts "like" a warm compress to your eyes? Just thinking...

A sun bath on my face gives me relief like a warm compress.

But i feel better when it's raining. And man, mora than one month without raining here, relative humidity everyday gets below 30%, and is hot. If people didn't talk portuguese here i would think i would be living in Saara!

spmcc, I agree with you that water vapor is what is good for us and not rain itself. But the rain gives humidity to the air: first giving more water to evaporate naturally, and secondly because when it falls it transfers water (in liquid state) to the air (now as gas). The industrial process to humidify the air is passing it through a shower.

Comment

Working...
      X