Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natural Remedy for Allergies (That won't hurt eyes!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural Remedy for Allergies (That won't hurt eyes!)

As someone who suffers from both dry eye problems and inflammation, getting allergies is no fun for me because normal relief (sudafed, patanol, etc.) may make my eyes extra dry.

Today I learned an interesting bit of information. If you buy honey that is made locally, it relieves allergies! I'm about to move back up to school, and after hearing this info today I'm planning on buying some "local honey" when i get there. I'm willing to do anything that can decrease problems i have with the fall allergy season if it means a little relief for my eyes!
    -Amy

Well, it sure sounds like a pleasant thing to try. Let us know if you think it helps you!
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Hi,
      where did you get that info on honey?
      Take care
      K

Comment

I heard about it from one of my mom's friends, but here is an article I also found that talks about local honey and allergies:

http://www.dreamsalivemagazine.com/s...ies/index.html
        -Amy

Comment

Interesting, Amy. Be careful about what to expect. My husband makes his own maple syrup from our trees in the yard. Maybe I need to try some of that. )
          Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

I've heard of this too! I haven't tried it yet though. Hmm... I wonder where I can get some local honey.

Comment

You also have to think about...

... the added moisture you get when the opposite sex tries to lick it off you as well.

Comment

Whoever you are, Montgumski, you think a lot like my husband...
                Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Working...
                X