Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

spring allergies coming soon. what do we use w/ severe dry eyes?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spring allergies coming soon. what do we use w/ severe dry eyes?

i again need soemthing other than steriods .. i have severe eye allergies on top of mgd and sjogrens.. ahhh.what to do..
    has anybody tried singulair??

what about Cromolyn -is that drying? of course im allergic to preservtives too... if anybody can help it would be so appreciated.. i may have to order a big bubble to livein.. lol
    Jenny

try Leiter's - they can Rx cromolyn pf -- but, kind of a pain in the butt as have to be refridge and use 4x/day.

other wise - try allergy shots (immunotherapy) -

or, also see an ENT MD to see if there are any nose problems that exacerbate allergies --

that's my 2 cents for the day -

Nikki

Comment

omg Nikki=i started the Cromolyn pf about 3 weeks ago! and 4x a day..do u use them? if so do they help?? i am also on sinugair... i cant do shots as i have allergice reactions to them-i think mostly likely cause of my sjogrens.. my arms swelll like footballs-tried them 3x!

thanks so much! i relaly hoping the cromolyn andsingulair save me.. i wont know until the flowers start to bloom-prob in a month!
      thanks!
      Jenny

Comment

Patanol works well for me.
        Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

im allergic to BAK or id use it..
          Jenny

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
            try Leiter's - they can Rx cromolyn pf -- but, kind of a pain in the butt as have to be refridge and use 4x/day.

other wise - try allergy shots (immunotherapy) -

or, also see an ENT MD to see if there are any nose problems that exacerbate allergies --

that's my 2 cents for the day -

Nikki
            i have been on the cromolyn about 3 weeks now.. do your eyes get drier for a bit after using it? mine do. just curious.thanks. :0
            Jenny

Comment

yeah - they do. I haven't found a good antihistamine eye drop. What i've found that helps is using nasal corticosteroids (my MD Rxs Veramyst... there are others) - and, that tends to bring down the allergies in the eyes. Much lower incidence of steroid-induced glaucoma/cataracts with that - very low risk if any.

and, before using a nasal steroid -- it's good to clean out the nose with a neti-pot. use distilled water for it -- otherwise you risk infection -- i use the upright bottle from neil med that uses "positive pressure" with the packets of NaCl/ sodium bicarbonate - and, after using, you can wash the bottle out following the directions (wash w/ distilled water & a drop of dishwashing liquid), adn then cook in microwave (for real!) for 1-2 minutes

don't know if nasal steroids would work w/ sjogrens- hope they do
              Last edited by Nikki; 01-Apr-2013, 23:01. Reason: misspelling

Comment

fyi i forgot that the nasal steroids also contain BAK -- nevermind then -- shoot.

you could try ciclesonide (omnaris). is preservative free - but, some people develop candida. asked my eye MD and he recommended storing it in the fridge if used. there's a dry version of ciclesonide - i think it's pf too
                Last edited by Nikki; 02-Apr-2013, 10:46.

Comment

Working...
                X