This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreign Body Sensation: Help!

Last time I got this sensation in my right eye it ended up being GPC- cleared up after a couple of days. The GPC is caused by contact wear so I'm not sure it's the same thing this time. I hate this feeling so much it causes me A LOT of anxiety and I can't do much. Basically just feels like a little eyelash in my right eye. does this ever happen to anyone else? What do you do to help??

What is gpc?

Comment

I'm seeing a doctor tomorrow morning, I will try to remember to post a reply. Klee ​​do you get this sensation?

Comment

I get a foreign body sensation yes,especially at the top of my eye

Comment

Yes. The sensation of having something in my eye is what first sent me to the doctor and a diagnosis of dry eye and MGD. If your doctor gives you things to do (ie: hot compresses), do them religiously with no break in the schedule. If you don't, it is likely your eyes will get worse. Mine did. Much worse. Best of luck to you.

Comment

LaDiva how often/how long do you get this sensation?

Comment

Klee how long do you get this sensation?

Comment

I started having dry issues in march. Its hard for me to keep up with the warm compresses as i get too much oil in my eye from them,but if i dont my eyes get to dry. Seems so far I am not doing that good as I get blury vision from my tear film. Its of poor quality because of the poor quality of my oil from the glands.

Comment

What is gpc please?

Comment

Originally posted by Yesi02 View Post
                    LaDiva how often/how long do you get this sensation?

Mine did not go away until I started using drops, doing hot compresses and expression three times a day and wearing goggles. Until then, I had it all of the time. I have blurry vision right after doing compresses, but that goes away. If I don't use compresses religiously, my glands become blocked. I must do this every day, year after year after year or things go from bad to terrible.

Comment

You need to see what your doctor recommends. He/she might have a different plan for you.

Comment

LaDiva doing what drs. have recommended by my eyes only seem to get drier considering seeing a more recognized dry eye doctor.

Klee GPC= giant papillary conjunctivitis, basically it is a bunch of little bumps under your lids, an allergic reaction most commonly contracted by contact lens wear

Comment

You might need a different doctor, or it might just take more time. It took a long time for my eyes to improve- several years.

Comment

LaDiva i've been seeing different doctors every week is what it feels like im in a metropolitan area (Dallas) so lots around here. But yes I definitely do need some patience.

Comment

I can see where that would be very uncomfortable.

Comment

Working...
                              X