X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claritin-D?

Hi All!
    I have been taking Claritin-D for quite awhile and, for some reason, didnt link it with my dry eye....well, my meiobin glands dont produce enough oil and I am wondering is it possible that this med dries them out quite similar to the way it dries out/decongests my sinuses? I am feeling quite a bit better today (eye wise) and I stopped the med a day and a half ago. Is too big of a stretch to attribute some progress to quitting this med? Any reccommendations for something to help my sinuses that wont bother my eyes? Unfortunately, I am quite congested but I would take this trade-off to dry eye....
    This is all so confusing!

It's not a stretch, Autumn. Antihistamines/Decongestants dry stuff out - including your mouth, your nose, your eyes, even your private parts (yes, some people have that happen).
    It does seem that in order to fix one part, we have to trade off another part. Rather unfair, no?

Comment

It is SO unfair! At the same time, boy, I'll trade being congested and/or a little more run down from allergies/congestion than miserable dry eyes! The other med that I take is a half of an ambien every night....I cant give this up at least not yet, I cannot sleep a wink without it....
      This dry eye stuff is sure a puzzle to figure out.

Comment

Working...
      X