This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allergies in my eye!

So I am off the Lotamax I had been on for the last two weeks, one drop three times per day, and I can feel the "allergies" I was told I had two weeks ago returning.

It hasn't developed yet into the terrible itch, but the area in the inner part of my eye is feeling swollen and has a "pulled' and "stuffy" feeling to it.

I will give him a call Monday and see about getting a 'weaker' drop. I'm wondering if anyone knows f any natural solutions for the irritation of allergies in the eye.

What can I do, or is there anything I can do to stop it getting bad. WE have our warm compresses for MGD, is there anything for allergies.

Thanks,

Bernadette

Hi Bernadette- I have always done fine with Pataday and Zaditor (over the counter). I know you are probably trying to avoid drops like these but using them sparingly shouldnt be a problem (at least it wasnt for me). Also, maybe consider an over the counter antihistamine- you have great aqueous production as well as a good TBUT- you should be fine with the possible little bit of drying that can come with an antihistamine....the benefits outweigh the risks- you want to stop the allergy inflammation cycle before it gets vicious...

Comment

I use Patanol, but Zadator works just as well, is OTC and much less expensive. I also find that Zyrtec (oral antihistamine) is not so drying to my eyes and helps with the itching.
      Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. It developed full blown last night so I popped in some Lotamex last night and this morning. I had no idea those drops were available over the counter, my Dr. did mention them as the first line of attack, but I was suffereing for about 6 weeks before I went to see him so I think we neede the big guns.

I will him tomorrow and see which one I should use. I will try to stay away from the oral tablets. After months of Doxy I am trying to stay away from oral tablets, plus to be honest I have real trust issues after Lasik, but keeping this under control so it doesn't trigger my DE symptoms is a priority.

I am going to try and do some research on a calming or cooling natural compress for allergy eyes. There has to be something out there somewhere!!

Bernadette

Comment

Working...
        X