This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• preservative-free Patanol

Is there a preservative-free version of Patanol? My mother was just given a long-term Rx for Patanol, and I see it's preserved with BAK. Since it looks like she'll probably opt to use it indefinitely, I'd like her to use a preservative-free version. Anybody know?

Dianat
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

I recently asked the same question...

and apparently last time Keratos France contacted Alcon asking them if they had the intention to produce a preservative free version. The answer was no and they said something about trying another drop that had nothing to do with Opatanol (Patanol's name in Europe). They simply don't care. They probably tell her to try Pataday, less damaging apparently. I guess that means one damage a day instead of more.

Have you tried to contact Alcon?

I'm also looking for allergy drops without BAK. I've tried Zaditen but it's not enough. I used to have allergies but thanks to BAK drops I now also have dry eyes.

Comment

Hi Diannat
      I have researched pf allergy drops and the bad news is - THERE IS ONLY ONE PF ALLERGY DROP ON THE MARKET !!
      That is Zaditen/Zaditor( it goes by either name)
      It is hard to believe that allergy drops of all things contain preservatives that a whole lot of us are allergic to
      I find the situation outrageous - and dont know what the drug companies are thinking of !!
      So your mother cant use patanol too often !
      You could try Leiters and see if they could produce something anti-allergy pf ?

Comment

I have researched pf allergy drops and the bad news is - THERE IS ONLY ONE PF ALLERGY DROP ON THE MARKET !!
        Does PF Sodium Cromoglycate not count?

Comment

Hello dianat,

I use Pataday with no preservative issues. I do prefer Patanol, which is used 2x per day, and it also causes me no preservative issues.

Zatidor is available OTC in the US, but I found it ineffective for my allergies, and that it seemed to cause dryness.

Regards,

Lynne

Comment

Working...
          X