Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iris is turning white..could it be all those eye drops?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magoo ~ thank you for searching this ~ the lettering is raised on those little tubes/vials so it's very difficult for me to see ~ at this point I'm just dealing with the pain.

I don't see the point in using steroids ~ I mean if they cause cataracts and glaucoma what's the point of using them? (what is ironic they use steroid drops after cataract surgery)

As far as the propylene glycol goes... it's crazy all this stuff I'm allergic to ... it's aggravating though that stuff like is allowed to be put into stuff we use on our bodies or in our eyes. ~ you should see me standing in the store(s) reading all the ingredients on everything I put in my cart.

Comment

Hey Irish Eyes,
      Oh yeah I remember those blisters like it was yesterday ~ they were horrible ~ they itched and hurt/burned all at the same time. And I looked really pretty
      Wow that link you attached .... that is a great link

I'm sorry you had trouble with lid scrubs. It's interesting that you mentioned salt water. My parents are trying to get me to soak my right eye in salt water, but I'm scared (yep scared of everything at this point). Do you use regular table salt or do you use Epson salt?

Just a thought ~ have you tried Baby Shampoo...?
      I have to wash my face/eyes with Baby Shampoo because I'm allergic and sensitive to everything (literally). Dial soap that I used faithfully since I was 16 ~ when I turned 44 I suddenly became allergic. So I use baby shampoo for just about everything. (hope this helps you)

I wonder though about things called "natural" ~ if they really are (some things called natural or dermatologist tested or for sensitive skin or whatever ~ those products have propylene glycol in them and we know that is not natural). So I don't know how they (whoever they are LOL) gets to call their products natural.

Father's Day went great ~ regardless of the sunshine dilemma (I wear sunglasses when it's cloudy too), but I just need to find a really dark pair of sunglasses (sometimes I wear 2 pair of sunglasses at the same time) and I cannot seem to find them. My daddy (yep still a daddy's girl) he cried he was so happy. I am so glad I went to see him.

I thought about moving to Portland Oregon ~ it's cloudy 224 days out of the year (that's what the Internet says ) and then I wouldn't have to worry about finding really dark sunglasses. My eyes would be happy with regular sunglasses on all those cloudy days.

Comment

I thought I would mention that all natural means nothing when you are talking about allergies.
        After all think about it, poison ivy is "all natural"

The main ingredient in baby shampoo was the 2005 allergen of the year.
        Did you even know there was such an award?
        I know only because I am allergic to it.
        And almost two years of lid scrubs with the stuff before I found out.

Botanical oils are becoming more popular in many products these days.
        I guess people are reassured if they feel something is "natural" but the truth is they are some of the very worst allergens.

Steroids, used under Dr. supervision , can be a wonder drug.
        Nothing else can stop inflammation or an allergic reaction, like them.
        Yes, you need to have your pressure monitored, but your Dr weighs risk versus benefit.
        My personal experience is they helped me enormously .
        I try my best to avoid allergens, but sometimes I just can't.
        A few days of steroids and I am good to go.
        I trust my Dr's judgement.
        If I can't then I'll find another Dr.
        I know the risks , and to me they are much smaller than the benefits.

Comment

Working...
        X