This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acid/Alkaline diet

Here is a link for on the acid/alkaline diet theory.

http://altmedicine.about.com/od/popu...kalinediet.htm

I have to say I am surprised your Dr. could say you had acid tears without any tests. The standard test is to buy ph sticks at the pharmacy and you can test your urine.

I am following this diet, alond with a "raw food" diet which means I try to eat my food raw rather then cooked when ever possible.

I have seen a huge turn around in my Lasik dry eye. Now I can not say for sure time would not have worked and my eye would not have become better all by itself, but what I do know is taht my hair looks great, my skin looks great and my eye is no where near the same level of agony it was for 8 months straight. I only started this diet because I was getting little or no pain relief despite loads of meds and drops, and my Dr. is amazed at my transformation. So why change when something is working. And looking at the future I hope to have less medical problems associated with aging. Of course this is not a cure all but I want to give my body as much chance as possible to heal.

B.

Comment

My physician said that if I had amalgam poisoning I'd have other symptoms which she didn't see.

Also, I tested negative for Sjorgens 3 years ago. I had dry eye for 5 years by then already.

Comment

hello

I had all my mercury filling removed and replaced - As for the acid stuff - you probably should see a gastrologist and get some acid reflux medication and have them do a endoscopy - I take pills every day - there are also ph strips to buy to check your acidity - eat 4-5 bananas a day and take a strong multi-vitamin

Comment

Originally posted by beachblanketbingo View Post
          I had all my mercury filling removed and replaced - As for the acid stuff - you probably should see a gastrologist and get some acid reflux medication and have them do a endoscopy - I take pills every day - there are also ph strips to buy to check your acidity - eat 4-5 bananas a day and take a strong multi-vitamin
          does this help??

Comment

Hi all, thought I would add my 2 cents in here, seeing I have just started Oral chelation. Recently, I have been diagnosed with Hashimotos autoimmune disease, causing DES for several years.

Much like others here, I had a mouth full of amalgm fillings for most of my 20s and 30s. Several years ago, the dentists recommended having them replaced, which I did. More recently I decided to do a simple heavy metals test that you can order online; it showed higher than normal amounts of metals in my sample - specifically lead and cadium.

I was a bit aprehensive about chelation treatment but after reading up a lot about it, I couldn't find any reason not too try it. I'm talking about the much milder oral treatment rather than IV treatments. Oral seems to be referred to as more of a homeopathic treatment. Anyway, I'm four days in to a 2 week course of drops (taken with water) and apart from the twitching I'm totally fine! (kidding about the twitching). I will retake the test in a couple of weeks and see whether it has helped.

Here's a couple of good links on Oral Chelation for those interested.

http://www.claybaths.com.au/bio_chelat.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaxzb...eature=related
            Jamie

Comment

Me too

I'd like to add I have considered this a cause for my dry eye problenms too.
              I've had mercury amalgam fillings in my mouth since age 14 (23 years). I've now had a persistent dry eye problem for nearly 4 years. I've not yet queried my dentist on the possiblity of having these removed but may ask next appointment.

But isn't crazy we get mercury in any form put inside our teeth? Im an engineer and recent laws have meant we now use lead free solder etc in commercial products. Lead is toxic but not nearly as Mercury.

Bruce.
              Occupation - Optimistologist

Comment

Food for thought

Mercury induces an unopposed inflammatory response in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells in vitro.2009
                http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20049214

CONCLUSIONS: Low concentrations of HgCl(2) affect immune function in human cells by dysregulation of cytokine signaling pathways, with the potential to influence diverse health outcomes such as susceptibility to infectious disease or risk of autoimmunity.

Comment

Working...
                X