This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 years and no solution

Think I am allergic to fragrances and chemicals etc...My eyes have been red for years now. Been to alot of eye docs...most said just dry eyes and irritation. No reason as to how they get this way? I wake up, they are always dry. I take proscar everyday. Only thing i really take medicine wise.
    I get flushed in the face at certain times and it seems to go hand in hand with my red eyes. I dont have rosacea at all. Dermatologist ruled that out as well as ophtomologist. I think i have SERIOUS ALLERGIES> my eyes dont itch at all though.
    If i go into airport, my eyes burn and sting. If i go into hotel, same thing. Malls, same way. Its eems like alot of fragrances etc...burn and bother my eyes and tehse places would seem to have all of that. I also get headaches sometimes with this. I dont sneeze or have runny nose or itch eyes. Just red and irritated. It soemtimes get worse outside in sun as far as burning. espicially when i am on golf course. Please let me know what might be issue. I cant use fragrance skin care products. Once i switched, my skin has become so much better so maybe i am just so sensitive to things like that and dust mites as well becasue i wake up, my eyes are horrible and they are worse in hotels? Sound like allergy? Not rosacea!!! So please let me know. Artificial tears do nothign for me as do steriods, etc...No clue ...allergy doc said i should start allergy shots but not sure if he know swhat he is talking about bc i dont sneeze etc....just eye problems. Pataday makes my eyes WORSE? OTC allergy eye drops give me the WORST HEADACHE EVER. whats left??

Durezol

Other steroids only helped in the short run.

Doc just gave me Durezol a couple weeks ago and much better. I only use them a couple times a week. They are in single vials which means no preservatives.

Might not help but worth a try.

I also have eye plugs in all four ducts which have made a HUGE difference.

-Wolf

Comment

Shane, first of all STOP THE PROSCAR! Proscar can RUIN your prostate, your sex life, and make your endocrine system crash! If you don't believe me go on propeciahelp.com.
      A lot of people on there have eye problems, allegedly from finasteride use, and HPTA crash. Thats how I found the site, because I was searching the side effects when I first started having eye problems as well.

Finasteride is BAD NEWS BRO! You should stop taking it. There are other proven preventative methods you can take to combat this

Comment

Stop the Proscar

Shane -

Word to Boston - STOP THE PROSCAR/FINASTERIDE. Search Finasteride on this board. There several young guys on here that have been having problems from taking Finasteride.

Good Luck,
        Gretchen

Comment

Working...
        X