This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smelly, Perfumed, Cleaners

I have dealt with Severe dry eyes for over 15 years. First, get rid of everything in your house and around your body that has perfume or a scent. Look around: everything.
    Get unscented, fragrance-free: body, dishwash, laundry, it's getting easier.I have done this the hard way, now it's PC.
    Lose the pets in your house, or bathe them often.
    Use just Vinegar and water to clean: it works, if you add a bit of scrubbing action with baking soda.
    Unscented Deodorant. My Almay disappeared,, but Dry Idea has one. Unscented lotions, no Lanolin: Aveeno Baby is OK
    All the air fragrance things? Don't do them

Hi, Jkoz.

Thanks for the tip, and I just wanted you to know that I deleted the duplicate thread with the same title and post.

--Liz

Comment

You can get an unscented deodorant without the chemicals in health food stores/GNC etc. Since I've had Sjogrens, I cannot use regular deodorant. I have no problem with perfumes, lotions etc. Just deodorant and the one without the chemicals seems to be fine. Lucy
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Lucy,

I use this as a deoderant, works great. i used to use Toms but it just didn't seem to do the job.

http://www.amazon.com/Crystal-Body-D.../dp/B0000AQJ9N

For anyone interested a really good site to see what is in your products is www.cosmeticdatabase.com.

B.

Comment

Great post! While I am not allergic to perfumes, since I got DE, I've gotten rid of anything I don't absolutely need or traded them for more chemical-free, fragrance-free products. Cetaphil is the only face cleanser my skin can tolerate w/o burning...its a great product, gentle, fragrance free, and also very economical. I figure it can't hurt and can only help to limit exposure to unneccesary synthetic chemicals as much as possible.

Comment

Thanks Bermee, this is the type of deodorant I use. It may not be this brand, but it's the "crystals" type. Hope if someone who finds they are allergic to regular deodorant can try this. Lucy
            Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
            X